• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

FF

T

TonyB

Was chatting in game with Furry and Grizzy about FF.

My opinion of FF has changed... for now anyway. It might make better players of those of us who have resorted to RPGs and XMs to get kills. May I reco that it be tested again? Perhaps for a week or two? Just a reco on my part.

Thanks

pinky

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
Friendly fire will not really solve anything, Pinky. I was one of the advocates for it, and I enjoyed it when it was on, however, the only thing that will happen is that the players it will affect simply will not play, and you'll have fewer players.

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with Canada here. As much as I'm irritated by people who point-blank fire RPGs and drop one-second time bombs and the like, we need every player we can get. To be fair to them, they're employing a valid strategy, even if it's obnoxious. And to be fair to us non-toobers, it's often quite easy to shoot them while they try to reload, so their kill/death ratios don't really go too high with that strategy. There's also always the possibility of deliberate TKing that no FF prevents.

~The Deadliest Warrior

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
My bad, pinky. It took me a second to get why that bugged you. I promise that I wasn't referring to you--heck, when I think of one-second time bombs I think of Nagi and Player first and foremost. I brought it up in a sincere effort to try and analyze the proposal you were making and to recognize the validity of your claim, even if I disagreed with the proposal. I'm genuinely sorry, though. I really should have been more careful with how I worded things and I absolutely get why you took that as a personal insult. It truly wasn't directed at you.

~The Deadliest Warrior

T

TonyB

El Alamein said:
My bad, pinky. It took me a second to get why that bugged you. I promise that I wasn't referring to you--heck, when I think of one-second time bombs I think of Nagi and Player first and foremost. I brought it up in a sincere effort to try and analyze the proposal you were making and to recognize the validity of your claim, even if I disagreed with the proposal. I'm genuinely sorry, though. I really should have been more careful with how I worded things and I absolutely get why you took that as a personal insult. It truly wasn't directed at you.

~The Deadliest Warrior

Apology accepted.

Look, I get tired of using time bombs. Lately I have resorted to RPG/LAW/M79 because it seems I can't kill anybody. My vision sucks to begin with and the settings of my game are prolly screwed up. If I use an AK, I'm lucky to shoot myself. I get tired of spawn - die - wait - spawn - die - wait

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
pinky said:
El Alamein said:
....as I'm irritated by people who ... drop one-second time bombs ...
Nice dig and I'm the one who is suggesting that FF be turned on. Makes sense.

I would just like to state that in my humble opinion, Deadliest is one of the most genuine and friendliest players around.

peteware

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
pinky said:
El Alamein said:

~The Deadliest Warrior

Apology accepted.

Look, I get tired of using time bombs. Lately I have resorted to RPG/LAW/M79 because it seems I can't kill anybody. My vision sucks to begin with and the settings of my game are prolly screwed up. If I use an AK, I'm lucky to shoot myself. I get tired of spawn - die - wait - spawn - die - wait

shit Pinky I thought that was the way you wanted to play spawn - die - wait - spawn - die lol

T

TonyB

SellOut said:
pinky said:
El Alamein said:
....as I'm irritated by people who ... drop one-second time bombs ...
Nice dig and I'm the one who is suggesting that FF be turned on. Makes sense.

I would just like to state that in my humble opinion, Deadliest is one of the most genuine and friendliest players around.

Please don't hijack the thread. This is about friendly fire being added to the mix.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
pinky said:
Please don't hijack the thread. This is about friendly fire being added to the mix.

Hi Pinky,

I have a view on this topic as well. I will borrow from Deadliest's (and Canada's) playbook and humble myself first before presenting my view, in the hopes of establishing some common ground, fellowship, and with the hopes that my thoughts and sentiments are well received and do not offend anyone.

I too have found myself frustrated when players use time bombs, RPG's, LAW's, M79's, and grenade launchers at close proximity. Personally, I've always preferred friendly fire servers and was a real big advocate and squeaky wheel about it in Hello in the past. I was beside myself and delighted when we had the first trial. I also have to confess that at times I have swung to extremes on this topic - first using them excessively because of my frustration, then for a long period decidedly not using them, and then most recently, using them when I feel like it.

I would support another trial period - absolutely why not! But I do agree with Canada and Deadliest that given where we are today, it may not be something that is easy to support. Player numbers, although relatively high during peak periods, are low many times. I also think some players will sit out FF trials or periods - I recall that from the last trial. It is really during the low player times, when a lot of the infractions happen from inappropriate behavior/language, main rape, etc - so FF could just exasperate overall frustration as well.

In any case, hopefully we will get some other view points here as well from other players.

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
I won't be humbling myself, nor apologizing, Pushy Pinky: you are an ankle bombing noobus! haha!....Just kidding....

I hate friendly fire because I have such bad aim, and after 4,5 years of this style of gameplay I don't want to adapt, but luckily its not solely up to me. ;)

T

TonyB

Here's a thought, a suggestion. How about we schedule a weekend when it will be turned on. I would like to see all the players know in advance that it will be on.

Suggestion:

Add a line into the game "Friendly Fire will be on March 3 - 6, 2017." Then let's hope that we have good numbers show up to play and see how it works out.

If it drives the game, we will know.

pinky

Back