• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Please add super-charged jeeps to maps.

T

TonyB

Dear Admins:

Would you please consider adding super-charged jeeps to La Drang and Fall of Saigon?

If we can't lose these two loser maps, can we at least spice them up? Put a bunch of jeeps at each flag and make them super-charged. Should make for great jeep racing.

Thanks.

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
Dear pinky:

I have already addressed your concerns on a previous post you made, where you requested the exact same thing (adding maps and implementing server changes in general). You didn't respond to my post, so I had assumed that you were satisfied with what I had said. Here's the link, in case you haven't read it yet: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7655&p=57283#p57283

(I encourage you to read it--hopefully we can try to reach a middle ground somewhere! :D )

I'm also responding here because I want to prove to you that the admins are indeed listening to you. Such a map addition is a pretty significant change to implement on the server, though, and I don't think any of the admins besides SK (and quite possibly Skater) have the power to actually enact such a change. I know you may feel like you are trying to represent the voice of the average player to a bunch of admins who are pointedly ignoring you and trying to actively squash the fun out of BFV, but please believe me when I say that this simply isn't the case. I can't speak for the other admins, but I know that I myself have been quite busy in real life and I don't always have the time to deal with massive server proposals, especially not when they seem to come across more as demands than as requests for discourse. (Again, I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong--but I am telling you that your posts recently have come across as kind of pushy. That's not the best way to get people on your side.) As such, posting polls and threads repeatedly probably is not the best way to convince people. It's going to come across negatively. (I'm not accusing you of anything here, either, mate. I'm just trying to tell you how other people might interpret--and, as a result, how they might react to--your posts.) Might I suggest that you read my response on your previous post, so that we can carry on a civil discussion there? Believe me, it will be far more productive to talk on one single thread, and it will annoy other people a lot less. :)

I look forward to seeing your response and working with you to reach a solution! :)

~The Deadliest Warrior

T

TonyB

Warrior, first off, nobody responded to your post on the other thread. At least not at the time of my writing this post. One problem is that your post is so long, I don't know that anybody will take the time to read it. I did.

You said: "I would be interested to see what other users think. I hope that my framework for analyzing change proves helpful. I understand that huge server changes are often very difficult and time-consuming to implement, and I also understand that for many users there sre frustrating aspects of gameplay that could potentially be addressed. This may be a way to compromise."

In this poll thread you said "I have already addressed your concerns on a previous post you made..." This post is a poll and discusses adding super-charged jeeps to two of the most boring maps in the rotation. Your response, while appreciated, is yours and you certainly have the right to post your opinion. However, I seek the opinion that other players have and hope that they freely express their opinions. I welcome them, positive or negative.

My posts are intended for all players who have any interest in the subject, not just you. Because I post a suggestion, now, not only am I a complainer and a whiner, I'm "pushy". So your message to anyone having a server suggestion is that they be prepared to be classified as a whiner, complainer or pushy. There is nothing about my poll and post I consider "pushy". I said please and thanks so that makes me "pushy".

If you think I care whether my posts "annoy" readers I don't give a shit. I'm not here to hand out participation ribbons and give warm fuzzy hugs. I'm respectfully asking that consideration be given to fix up the maps that in my opinion suck ass. I never said I run the show. Never said this had to be done. I asked nicely and I get a lecture from somebody who has a history of 15 posts in the forums?

Why do I bother?

T

TonyB

peteware said:
any chance of a McDonalds or subway at each flag as well pinky

No. If you think doing so will attract me to said flag so you can pick up an easy kill you're nuts. By the way, I put the kuh-boom on you yesterday. ha ha haaaa

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
EDIT: Pinky, I'm a bit frustrated because I interpreted that response as a bit rude, when I felt that I was polite to you. But hey--misunderstandings happen a lot, especially online, so I'm sorry if my original post implied something I didn't mean to say. :)

First of all, my posts are long because I'm trying to show that I'm taking your opinion into full consideration. I don't have a lot of forum posts, true, but for one thing that really shouldn't matter. I'm an admin. Clearly I'm doing something right and know a bit about how the server and game work. Secondly, this forum doesn't really see a ton of posts daily and I only recently made an account, so it's unreasonable to expect me to have hundreds of posts to my name. That was what bugged me the most. You bringing that up as a personal attack was dismissive to me when I'm going out of my way to listen to you.

I never claimed that my opinion represents everyone else's, or that because I gave mine the matter should be closed. But the way you're going about campaigning is counterproductive. Look at your poll--it is absolutely not a genuine representation of public opinion because both options are for "yes". Do you see why that might be seen as annoying? Or pushy? Again, I'm not saying that you're being pushy just for sharing your opinion. But the way you go about doing it seems very inappropriate.

My message is not that anyone who has a server suggestion is pushy. But someone who makes biased polls and repeatedly creates new threads with the same topic, absolutely could be seen that way. I'm just asking that you try to think about how you go about bringing these things up, because it's not working out the way you're doing it right now.

Please don't get upset with me. I promise you, that's the last thing I'm trying to do. I want to work with you, but it's proving to be a difficult process.

~The Deadliest Warrior

T

TonyB

It's not a difficult process at all. I posted a thread. You can agree or disagree or choose not to even respond. Don't care. But when you call me "pushy", that's going to piss me off. That's the whole purpose of these forums. If the admins don't want people to express opinions, suggest changes, then take down the forums. I'm not going to be bullied by you or anybody else. You don't like it, ban me.

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you feel that I'm bullying you. I guess I'll just leave you alone, since we unfortunately aren't able to make progress working together. I'm sorry to have bothered you, pinky.

~The Deadliest Warrior

michuneo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Well, when I see a post/vote like this I instantly treat it as a joke, unless you're Russian who got used to be able to vote for a) Putin b) Putin

...now I get how they manage to regularly get 97% of votes in democratic elections :D

And more seriously - supercharged jeeps suit modded servers but not vanilla all-maps server. Even if I like the idea modding last proper vanilla server isn't a good idea IMHO... But it's just my two cents!

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Deadliest - For what ever it is worth, I thought your prior post in the other thread was well thought out and a good way to think about, break down, and prioritize feature / game requests.

Pinky - I also get your frustration as a dedicated and loyal player. Only some of your concerns have been addressed and probably not addressed to your satisfaction.

I think if any miscommunication happened, it could have been because Deadliest used the wording "I already addressed your concerns". The first time I read that I thought it may have been dismissive. The second time I read it, I realized that Deadliest was trying to engage you in the prior thread and he was wondering (this is my read) why you started another thread in the middle of what he thought was a discussion.

I liked Deadliest's approach in his original post - I know that with myself, if I ask for many things and only get some of them (and maybe don't get them in the way I envision them), then I sometimes am left unsatisfied. Deadliest seemed to want to engage you in a discussion and prioritization of your requests and to discuss the pro's and con's.

For the record, I have to also mention that changing your in-game name to pushy pinky is not constructive.

peteware

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Ice you know how I think about Pinky
Without his posts on this forum there would probably be no posts on here
Yes you would get the ODD one asking the same question over and over again like they do
But I have to agree with Pinky it must be demoralising to keep posting and seeing nothing getting done
Especially if you’re only posting for the servers GOOD
You know in your heart Pinkys only got the servers best interests at heart
Then the only answers seem to be great idea but uc off were staying the same (in his eyes)
As to anyone demanding or TELLING you admins what to do
Even you admins know there’s some maps that just fuc up the game time and time again
We go from fantastic maps to zero game play maps and the players just drop off
I even tried to tell you in another post even the admin that was playing asked the players to just give up a map WFT
Just remove the sucker then
Love ^V^ still worth 10 hellos and 20 bobs now
Ps can and it’s a can you admins please sort out PLAYER you know who he is and have done uc all about his disruptive game play YET

T

TonyB

We have so few players most of the time. Yes, there are times when we have a bunch of players but most of the time, pretty low numbers.

Crow quit playing. Haven't seen her in the game or on TS in months. I remember her saying in TS, this is "boring". Yes it is. The one way to spice up the game is to lose a couple of the bad maps and if not, mod them to add more fun. Put some turbo jeeps on them so I can ramp hills and go flying. La Boring Valley would be a great map to spice up. Lose Fall of Saigon. Lose one of the boring jungle maps. Lose Cedar Falls.

If we could find ways to spice up with we have, maybe I can get Crow to come back. And a few others.

pinky

T

TonyB

peteware said:
Ice you know how I think about Pinky
Without his posts on this forum there would probably be no posts on here
But I have to agree with Pinky it must be demoralising to keep posting and seeing nothing getting done
Especially if you’re only posting for the servers GOOD
You know in your heart Pinkys only got the servers best interests at heart
Then the only answers seem to be great idea but uc off were staying the same (in his eyes)

Thank you my dear friend. Some of the regular players seldom/never post here. Sometimes I wonder if it is out of fear of being labeled "whiner" or "complainer" or "pushy". If they read the replies to my posts, perhaps that explains it.

There are two areas of the Forums "Give Your Opinion" and "Feature Requests". I have used both multiple times.

I asked that there be map voting. We got that. I have asked that the most boring maps be ticket adjusted so that they don't take so long to play. SK fixed Fall of Saigon and one of the jungle maps.

I just wish other players would post their opinions because they do count. This isn't about pinky. It's about our regular players freely expressing their opinions. Pinky speaks for pinky and pinky alone.

pinky

Back