• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

VOTE NOW - MAPS

T

TonyB

Guys when we get to certain maps, and we all know which ones, our player count drops. Some are consistent game killers.

T

TonyB

IceSkater said:
Pinky,

I understand your frustration.

I'm not frustrated. I merely posted a vote. If nothing changes, I don't care.

IceSkater said:
Pinky,
Would you like it if I removed Hastings? Or game warden? Comparing apples with apples here.

No. I didn't call for a vote on those maps.

IceSkater said:
Pinky,
I'd also like to state that the timing of this post is not quite right really. You see, I've been away for a bit due to my days getting busier and whilst I've been away SucceededKiller has been keeping the peace and keeping the server open and "joinable". Mainly by keeping the guy, who is suing his brain for non-support, out of the picture.

It's not fair to SK or myself at the moment pinky. We have greater concerns than map preference at this point in time.

Timing isn't involved here. I merely made a post with a vote.

I appreciate all that you guys do to keep the server running. As stated, I put up a vote post which the forums allow. I don't think I have done any wrong by doing so nor have I attempted to cause problems for SK or yourself.

I think those who play on a regular basis should at least be given the opportunity to express their opinion on matters concerning the game. I respect the right of all to express their opinion. Nobody has to agree with me. The Sun will still come up tomorrow.

Robo disagreed with me on the map vote and he expressed his opinion. He is one of my best BFV friends and I have nothing but respect for him and his right to express his opinion.

I'm just making a post asking for players to express their opinions. If nobody has a say in anything, then why have a forum that allows for players to post "feature requests"?

pinky

Cyka

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
If u want to remove maps, than go for Defense of Con Thien and Operation Cedar Falls :S

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I would say that we are never going to remove any, but even if we were, we should probably only remove 1 or 2 and even then with a unanimous vote, again, never gonna happen. As much as I hate the two jungle maps + that gawd awfully large Saigon map.... Someone is bound to love them.

T

TonyB

RoBoDuCk said:
I would say that we are never going to remove any, but even if we were, we should probably only remove 1 or 2 and even then with a unanimous vote, again, never gonna happen. As much as I hate the two jungle maps + that gawd awfully large Saigon map.... Someone is bound to love them.

Robo, I agree. Here is the problem, however, the number of players is dwindling. I cannot remember the last time I saw Osama playing. The UPEO boys. Canada. Hairball. Rbilly was last on in August. Deltoya rarely plays. Bullet last played in July. AXL. Easting. Zoeren.

The list is endless. These are guys who have played at HELLO much longer than me - not playing anymore or very little.

I realize I am not running the show but the reality is that if something doesn't change, we will be lucky to have the game running a year from now.

I see players leave on certain maps. It's time to take them out of the rotation. Look, the XM has killed off players for a long time. The jungle maps suck. Perhaps 2 or 3 guys like Fall of Saigon - so what. When 10 guys leave because the map is too large and only a few give a shit, it leaves those of us who want to play looking for shit to do around the house.

Nobody likes change and this server has a reputation as "All Maps". I thought the name had changed but I see it is the same map. I think the name was intended to attract players. Perhaps in the 2000's it did. We got the VN boys playing and now I seldom see them.

I say ditch these maps - my order of preference to be bagged:

Fall of Saigon
La Drang Valley
Ho Chi Minh (both maps)

Four maps that dog us.

I check the server before I join. If they are on one of these maps, I won't join unless I see 15 plus players. I won't join Fall of Saigon. I know that SK turned up the timer dial on a few to speed them up but that is a bandaid fix.

That's my suggestion and I'm sticking to it. I would love to set up and host a server like HELLO has done for us, exactly the way they have theirs running right now. Except - I would take out these bad maps.

Ask the players in-game. The guys that don't come to these forums to participate. They just play and bitch. I say let your voice be heard.

pinky

michuneo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
RoBoDuCk said:
As much as I hate the two jungle maps
Know many
RoBoDuCk said:
+ that gawd awfully large Saigon map.... Someone is bound to love them.
Don't know anyone who does. :D

But you got a strong point here, Sir.

For me (no offence) it's like looking for an excuse. It's obvious more people going to leave when a shitty map occurs but by definition you cannot play online games indefinitely so people will rotate on the server no matter how much you try to keep them stay any longer. Blaming bad maps for that is like blaming me for eating - my No.1 reason why I stop playing BFV almost every day. And again, we might love Saigon '68 while someone will be waiting for FD or Khe Sahn only. Not everyone had to play thousands of hours like I did and hate some of the maps as much as I & so on.

Ergo fiddling with maps might be fiddling with a preferences of anyone. And lead to nasty things.

There is one thing I'd suggest though. Look how people were afraid that 1.21 patch will drive players away. I don't think it did - there was a bit of a fuss but transition was fairly flawless and after two weeks almost everyone had their game patched.
Why not to think about implementing a punkbuster - I remember that there was a standalone .exe you just had to put into BFV's main folder, slam "update punkbuster" and that was it. Most of the PB issues were gone with that method of installation.
Question is how it performs on windows 10 because I don't intend leaving my Win7 anytime soon. :D

But if it works fine, why not to use something that used to be a standard on 95% of servers :)

Grizz

Back