• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Tking Solution?

A

Anonymous

Byrdc has noticed an increase in tkers recently even though tking is off.,
When on bf1942 one server has a great solutiion:
U hurt an ally u recieve x2 the damage you did to them.
Could this be adapted to hello alonge with the no tkingooff system? if so it would punish th people who exploit the loopholes in the system. if no they cant be used at once, which one would be better?

O

Old Hippo

One problem with that system,
Countless times I have been on a flag in BFV destroying an enemy tank or other vehicle when some mindless player on my own team decides to run up along side the vehicle. Then I destroy the tank, sending my teammate flying, who then ends up dead and I get stuck with penalty for "tking" him. :roll: It would make it much worse if then I also end up dying because I "tked" someone who gets the brilliant idea to run up alongside an exploding vehicle. :x

As far as people tking by ramming their own vehicles or other ways which seem to be going on lately, it doesn't register as a tk anyway, only that your teammates crashed. Therefore, the bf1942 system wouldn't help in the end.

It's already rather hard to tk, and when people do, it's extremely obvious. This is what admins are for.

A

Anonymous

i kniw, i wonder if it could be modded so if u killed an enemy with in... 2 seconds of the tk, you would be excused from damage

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
I've only seen a teamkiller a few times, while I play alot at the server. I don't think the problem is very big.

Travco

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Travis Palmer
Byrd, Are you even reading before you post?

Deadly_Hippo said:
One problem with that system,
Countless times I have been on a flag in BFV destroying an enemy tank or other vehicle when some mindless player on my own team decides to run up along side the vehicle. Then I destroy the tank, sending my teammate flying, who then ends up dead and I get stuck with penalty for "tking" him. :roll: It would make it much worse if then I also end up dying because I "tked" someone who gets the brilliant idea to run up alongside an exploding vehicle. :x

As far as people tking by ramming their own vehicles or other ways which seem to be going on lately, it doesn't register as a tk anyway, only that your teammates crashed. Therefore, the bf1942 system wouldn't help in the end.

It's already rather hard to tk, and when people do, it's extremely obvious. This is what admins are for.

Not to mention, people would still be kicked with your solution. Because often times, rockets are fired that kill teammates that don't kill enemy's, or if you get the exploding vehicle runner, who also wouldn't be solved

Travco

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Travis Palmer
Byrd, thats what bans are for. Keeping people out when the admins don't have the time to kick them...

A

Anonymous

Byrds point is, hoppefully this will deter tks from ever tking, thus making tkers nonexistant so admins dont have to be onn and bann them

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:51 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Byrds point is, hoppefully this will deter tks from ever tking, thus making tkers nonexistant so admins dont have to be onn and bann them
Your logic makes no sense.

Back