• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Quality of life suggestion

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
I've been wondering in what extend we are able to mod our server. Is it possible for us to set custom-health for vehicles? For example: Can we increase the health of tanks? (This is not a suggestion) Or make them less vulnerable to explosive damage? i.e. Rockets/m79 or whatever?

The reason I'm asking this is because I'd like to make a QoL suggestion about the BM-21. It has, without a doubt, the highest skill-cap of all vehicles ingame. It takes alot of practice to master the BM-21, however it is taken down so easily (one well-placed rocket, be it from a huey or just a RPG) that if offers almost nothing to the NVA on maps such as operation irving. This is why I propose increasing either it's armour or health to make it more durable in battles. Being able to tank multiple huey rockets would make using the BM-21 a viable option during these maps, and making them a new primairy objective for the enemy team to track down and destroy.

Please share your thoughts on this :)

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I've seen server-sided mods where you could shoot Hueyrockets full auto (or have increased vehicle speed such as on the old Sexy server) so I think it's possible. What do you think about the idea in general?

T

TonyB

We talk often of what changes can be made in the game but the game does keep us coming back for more without such changes.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
pinky said:
We talk often of what changes can be made in the game but the game does keep us coming back for more without such changes.
Yes I'm also not very keen on modding, it's the reason I've played with HelloClan for so long. However I do feel that EA could have done something in order to give the BM-21 a bit of a powerspike compared to how it performs right now ingame.

The truck is usually ignored during gameplay since it's pretty much a free kill for anyone who uses an RPG/Chopper. The BM-21 was intended to offer an extra layer of air-defence/Threath against enemy choppers but in my opinion they failed doing so with the BM-21. If you look at the same vehicle in bf3 for example, you see that it can withstand atleast 2 tankshells aswell as multiple chopperrockets, making it a much more viable option in ground to air combat.

Besides that, giving it a little more health isn't crazy out-modding the server I think. :)

T

TonyB

I agree that it isn't oft used because one RPG or gunship strike and you are history. The only time I use it is for easy/fast transport around maps. Some maps could use a couple jeeps if you ask me. Albany - spawn at blue main and the one jeep is gone and if you are late to spawn, the transport is gone as well.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
I think one thing we'd need to take into account, assuming the health modification can be done, is that it's not supposed to be armoured.

It has no more protection than a jeep, so it makes sense that bullets can damage it and it only takes a single rocket to destroy it. If we were to change it so it could survive more punishment, while it's a small change in itself, it could have a larger impact on gameplay than we may like; especially as the health has always been what it is.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
SucceededKiller said:
I think one thing we'd need to take into account, assuming the health modification can be done, is that it's not supposed to be armoured.

It has no more protection than a jeep, so it makes sense that bullets can damage it and it only takes a single rocket to destroy it. If we were to change it so it could survive more punishment, while it's a small change in itself, it could have a larger impact on gameplay than we may like; especially as the health has always been what it is.
Well the idea behind it that it does impact the game due to the fact that the BM-21 right now is more or less useless against pretty much anythign (well I gues you could exclude a soldier on foot without RPG, it still works prety good against that). The idea for me is increasing its importance on the battlefield. We could play around a bit with the health, see how much health fits best to its role as an anti-air machine. We could try increasing the health of the BM-21 on the event server (not sure if we actually still have that?) and see if it becomes too powerfull or not.

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
SucceededKiller said:
\while it's a small change in itself, it could have a larger impact on gameplay than we may like; especially as the health has always been what it is.

I had not thought about that, so basically the change would increase the amount of "tanks" on certain maps. Yeah nobody would enjoy that.... you may as well just spawn more tanks and remove the bm-21 altogether, no thanks!

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Princess Peach said:
It does work well against a soldier on foot without a tube. I am one of those, and there are plenty of ways to easily kill us. Please don't make it worse.
If I remember correctly there are only 2 City maps supporting the BM-21. Hue and Quang tri so it's not like you would experience a major change. I also don't think it would make too much of a difference, seen as the BM-21 would still be vulnerable to bullets and nades.

I don't know how much time it would take to implement changes to the server, but if its something that could be done in like 5 minuts I have another suggestion:

- Have a specific day every 2 weeks in which we implement small suggestions for a day to see how they work out and/or to keep gameplay more interesting. This way we can kind of replace the event server by hosting events on the regular server.

Back