• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Thank you everyone

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
(Those of you out of the loop, please check out bfv/password)

Hey,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for taking the time and effort to make a forum account so you could get the password; and in some cases waiting patiently while I got you added to the list/confirmed your identity.

Seeing the server with 0 players on, but still getting told it is full when attempting to join regardless of if I inputted a password, was not a nice experience. Having to then come up with solutions, tougher ones than we already had in place, was a daunting task. When I finally realised the only solution I could come up with was a private password, I'll admit I was worried about what that meant for the future. Would people bother to come get it? Would we lose a majority of our players? Part of me certainly saw that as a possibility but it was a risk we had to take and getting some players in was better than none.

2 days later though, and you have all proved my fears wrong.

3mKUdVp.jpg

We currently have 97 players with access to the password, all of which are listed here

Some haven't yet joined the server, some are still missing, but this is not a bad start at all and a majority of those are active players.

I think this just goes to show how resilient we are as a community because, even after 11 years and issues we've had with the server during the time we've been around, you're all still here. Still playing a game that came out in 2004 and having fun whilst you do it. At least...I hope you are.

Besides providing a solution to the "server is full" error, there are a few more benefits to this and an issue I'd like to highlight below.

Banned players - Some banned players would use additional keys to get around their ban, but no matter how many keys you have it's not going to get you past a password. This should result in a much better atmosphere now that those players who were responsible for spreading hacks, amongst other things, are no longer capable of doing so.

Forum accounts - Now that you all have forum accounts, you can keep up-to-date and get involved with all the suggestions and issues that arise, giving you a lot more say in what happens on the server.

I might be the person currently in charge of it, but it's far from a dictatorship. If you have suggestions, complaints or questions please let us know and we will get back to you. You won't get one word answers, but detailed and thought out replies, because we're a community and the only reason we're still here is because you guys continue to play, making your opinions very valuable to us.

From the forums you can also:

Report troublemakers using our report a player system by posting in our player complaints section.

Post suggestions in our give your opinion section.

Keep up with the latest developments in our announcement section

Or browse all the sections we have in the main Battlefield Vietnam section

New players - This is the main issue we’re going to have. Whilst most of you I can confirm based on the fact you’ve joined the server in the past, new players won't have this.

I don’t want to prevent new players from joining though, and I doubt any of you do either, so there may be times the password gets changed because I accidently let someone in who I shouldn’t have.

The odds of this happening are pretty slim, as myself and the admins have done a great job of detecting and removing players who try and deceive us in the past, but I feel like just giving you the heads up that it could happen is the right thing to do.

If you are a new player, please bear with us. I will try and get you set up with access as soon as I can, but I’m hoping you understand that the security of our server is very important to us and as such there may be delays.

While I have you all here, I may as well let you in on some good news that has been taking place over the past few months. Please don’t get your hopes up though, nothing is set in stone and it all has the potential to change:

A few months back I emailed the CEO of EA. I let them know the situation we are in, the declining player count since Gamespy etc. and asked for help. Eventually, I got a response and have been continuing communication with EA since then. Whilst I can’t promise anything, I do have high hopes that we will come up with a solution to help supplement our player count and get us a few more people to kill, or get killed by. At the very least, I’m expecting it to be easier for former players, or people that never got the chance to see what multiplayer has to offer, to find us as well as other servers should they search for it.

Thank you everyone, your determination and resilience is what keeps us going. And thank you admins, for taking up the volunteer position of helping ensure players stick to the rules and promoting a positive atmosphere.

Regards,

SucceededKiller and everyone here at HelloClan

peteware

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
wtf please sir can I have some more lol
where is good looking ^V^ on the list
and a big thank you to SucceededKiller from us all for all you work and a merry Christmas to you all

Sickboy

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
Hey SK,

Thanks a lot for your work and your nice words! :D :D thumbsup0

A

Anonymous

It actually has been nice to be online the last couple of days. Not the usual issue. SO I think this is still server #1.
Ill take a break for some weeks and see how it goes after I return. thumbsup0 fighting00

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Thank you SK, for doing the hard tasks that keep us playing, good job on figuring out a solution and even more kudos for thinking long term and perhaps bringing more players in the future.

My personal experience on BFV and more specifically on this server has been tremendous, and I am thrilled it doesn't have to end yet. I am finding that I don't just love the game for the games sake anymore, I'm starting to form some real bonds with people I meet in game. I'm grateful to all the admin's and supporters and managers who make this community pleasant to be involved with.

And the bonus being our few bad apples are going to be discarded? I'm even more thrilled. win-win-win!

Cheers! :D

T

TonyB

Thanks SK. I agree with all. It is a great game and I appreciate that HELLO keeps the server running.

pinky

Back