• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

How can it get any worse?

T

TonyB

When have you had enough? Why let the thugs and bullies come on the server and torment various players? Don't any of you get tired of it? When will enough be enough?

It's time for either admins or the players who play the game to have fun to work toward a resolution. How to deal with them. We all know who they are and so do you. It's seems to bring them joy to harass players. It's no wonder players quit and don't come back.

Insults are not allowed? What must a player say or do for it to amount to an "insult"? I don't give a shit if players call others noobs, etc. I think the mention of "moms" is not allowed. What else isn't allowed? I got called a ni@@ger the other day and there was at least one admin on. So ni@@ger is ok?

Some of you guys are regular players and you are never attacked by the goons. You don't want to be either so you sit silent while the goons run off players. Why do you not say anything in game like "how about you guys take your shit elsewhere, we don't want to deal with you..." I don't get it.

It's gutless to not take a stand. Don't be a coward. Speak out and let's get the bullies out of the game.

That's my opinion.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
pinky said:
When have you had enough? Why let the thugs and bullies come on the server and torment various players? Don't any of you get tired of it? When will enough be enough?

Our player complaint forum has not had a new topic for over a month; not a single player has reported someone else since the 23rd August.

You also get players who "insult" people but then complain about the insulting by others. How can we ever take a complaint like that seriously? You can't "insult" people and then feel insulted when they respond.

pinky said:
It's time for either admins or the players who play the game to have fun to work toward a resolution. How to deal with them. We all know who they are and so do you. It's seems to bring them joy to harass players. It's no wonder players quit and don't come back.

Players can start by reporting those that they feel break the rules. They can also point out when they feel insulted.

I also doubt very few people have left because they were insulted. We lost players to Gamespy, then windows 10 and now a windows update that disables the secdrv service that the disc needs for its copy protection.

They can even make use of the built in ignore system if they want to and not see chat from the player at all.

pinky said:
Insults are not allowed? What must a player say or do for it to amount to an "insult"? I don't give a shit if players call others noobs, etc. I think the mention of "moms" is not allowed. What else isn't allowed? I got called a ni@@ger the other day and there was at least one admin on. So ni@@ger is ok?

We don't allow excessive insulting, but you hit the nail on the head here. What does insult you? For the most part we put it into 2 categories; insulting the player (fine) and insulting the person (not fine).

I've been called "mother fu*ker", "Moron", and I even spent the end of a game with a guy who decided to insult me by saying things along the lines of how I must be so "fu*ked up" and how "no-one would ever want to be with me".
But I didn't warn the guy because it doesn't bother me; I don't feel insulted by some annoyed player who wants to call me names. It's likely different for other people and that's where the problem lies; there is no way to know where you draw the line. If we feel it's going too far then we stop it, but otherwise we don't really intervene because of this.

T

TonyB

The point I am trying to make SK, more than anything, is that I get very tired of bullies on the server. It pisses me off that other players don't speak up and tell them to STFU. I get it that if the thug isn't bullying you, you don't wish to interject. I suspect the reason being that you don't then want them harassing you. How about we all stand together against his agenda?

Tell me what this comment has to do with playing the game... "Berserker would you please stop PM'ing me" - what does that have to do with the game we are playing? Seriously? It's nothing but a tactic by Bojangles to torment him. I know I am not the only player sick and tired of him and his hacker buddy. Robo has been the subject of his attacks. Orange has been as well. When is enough enough?

Yes, now I will get to hear, in game, about my "crying" in the Forums. Which, of course, has no bearing on the game we are playing. I'm tired of it. Everybody sits on their thumb cowering as the thug roams the game looking for players to insult. Waiting for admins to leave so he can signal his hacker buddy to come on to the server.

I know you can't police everything players do 24/7 and there can only be so many rules. But how about some anti-bully actions by admins? When the things a player is saying in game have no bearing on the game and amount to insulting other players, maybe it's time to boot their asses off the server. And if all the players who play the game to have fun would band together, perhaps his behavior will change and he can move onto some other server where he can torment players.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
pinky said:
The point I am trying to make SK, more than anything, is that I get very tired of bullies on the server. It pisses me off that other players don't speak up and tell them to STFU. I get it that if the thug isn't bullying you, you don't wish to interject. I suspect the reason being that you don't then want them harassing you. How about we all stand together against his agenda?

You're right, there are players that for one reason or another have some sort of vendetta between each other. I'm sure we've all seen it between Doen and the Heelers. If it goes over the top we intervene, but most of the time neither of them seems particularly bothered.

pinky said:
Tell me what this comment has to do with playing the game... "Berserker would you please stop PM'ing me" - what does that have to do with the game we are playing? Seriously? It's nothing but a tactic by Bojangles to torment him. I know I am not the only player sick and tired of him and his hacker buddy. Robo has been the subject of his attacks. Orange has been as well. When is enough enough?

Players are welcome to talk about things not to do with the game, but you're right in the 2nd part of your paragraph. I will look into it with the other admins and let you know what's going on.

pinky said:
Yes, now I will get to hear, in game, about my "crying" in the Forums. Which, of course, has no bearing on the game we are playing. I'm tired of it. Everybody sits on their thumb cowering as the thug roams the game looking for players to insult. Waiting for admins to leave so he can signal his hacker buddy to come on to the server.

I agree with you here and I think we should crack down on these comments. Players should not be persecuted because they want to report troublemakers to us.

T

TonyB

I have to tell you SK that I have laughed and laughed about the commentary between the Heeler boys and Doen. They have provided me with a great deal of entertainment. I'm not smart enough to keep track of their ever-changing player IDs so sometimes it's hard for me to know when they are at it.

But how I have enjoyed seeing their banter. It's the funniest stuff I have ever read! Please don't ever ban those guys, even though Doen insults me too!

I believe that if us BFV gamers ever gathered at a bar somewhere, we would all be good friends and enjoy some laughs together over a cold one. I would buy the first round.

=UPEO=Bojangles

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
pinky said:
Looks like ur mad Blacky. LOL - I love it. Hope your meds help.

That wasn't a comment from Blackhawk, that was I.

This is the kind of thing you come out with in-game, and this is why you are considered a provocateur.

T

TonyB

So you registered as the user "banpinky"? lol - if that's true, I'm glad you let the HELLO boys know. I didn't read the many other messages sent me. Obviously there's sickness involved so out of pity, I only read the one. And it only took one for me to realize just how sick the author was.

Just a heads up Bo, while you seem intelligent, your downfall will be that you think you are smarter than everybody else. I'm not the only one you see who has been on to what you and your buddy have been doing on and to the HELLO BFV server. I'm one of the few who isn't intimidated by you and your sick friend.

Your friend has his issues. Since he is your friend, why don't you suggest he seek some professional help? That's what being a friend means. Help him out.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
pinky said:

Some of you guys are regular players and you are never attacked by the goons. You don't want to be either so you sit silent while the goons run off players. Why do you not say anything in game like "how about you guys take your shit elsewhere, we don't want to deal with you..." I don't get it.

It's gutless to not take a stand. Don't be a coward. Speak out and let's get the bullies out of the game.

That's my opinion.

Pinky-

You have to recognize garbage time from these guys. It can be when they are waiting for theyre fav rape map and bored in between. Or they came for one reason and it was to start some crap. Just change tactics and switch to anti-air. If your not in the mood for a " war of words" then snipe them, hunt them dirty dogz down. Make a game within the game. Its fun and its when all the excuses come into play and then you can laugh... ;)

T

TonyB

I love the game and I hate to see it end. I'm beginning to think that the Windows 10 update caused a significant loss in the number of players. We shall see.

I don't mind most of the insults. Doen vs. Heelers or Doen vs. most anybody. I really don't mind the complaints about NAGI using an M79 or LAW. Being called everything from "noob" to "ni@@er" really doesn't bother me. I've done it myself except for the later.

I've been waiting patiently for the HELLO admins to discover that Bojangles assists his hacker buddy in causing problems on the server. Like I said, he thinks he is smarter than everybody. His day is coming but, unfortunately, probably not before the game is given the deep six.

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
pinky said:
I've been waiting patiently for the HELLO admins to discover that Bojangles assists his hacker buddy in causing problems on the server. Like I said, he thinks he is smarter than everybody. His day is coming but, unfortunately, probably not before the game is given the deep six.

The ppl who the staff dont or cant deal with (through laziness or inability) that troll/fight,cheat and hide behind dynamic ips are just as to blame for killing the game than anything else imo.

Back