• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The Friendly Fire trial part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
This is just an announcement thread, the main discussion will continue to be held at the following location: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=6831
The above thread is also where you will vote.

Hey,

So after our last trial we only got 34 votes despite having over 927 unique users and ~341 active users. With less than 10% of our server population voting, it really wasn't a fair representation of our players views so now we're having a 2nd go.

This trial will run from Friday 3rd April to Friday 10th April and will be set up the same:

Code:
Huey missiles (pilot)
MI-8 missiles (pilot)
Hormone missiles (co-pilot)
Cobra missiles (pilot)
Cobra missiles (co-pilot)
ACH missiles (co-pilot)
F4-Phantom napalm
MIG-21 missiles
MIG-17 bombs
A7 Corsair bombs
AC-47 bombs
Betty bombs
Claymores
C4
Land mines
Time bombs
Grenades
SA-7 missiles
LAWs
RPG's
M79's
Mortar shells
Tank shells
M110 shells
M46 shells
MUTT missiles
ZSU flak
BM21 rockets

Any weapon in the code above is likely to cause damage to teammates should it explode near them (not if it hits them directly), however, as I expect there will be more accidental than deliberate teamkills we will enable "TK Forgive" mode. So what does this mean?

It means that any teamkill will be forgiven by default, but should the player feel that it was a deliberate teamkill they can choose to punish the player by opening the console (Default key is:
Code:
`
besides the number 1) and typing "ptk".

The punish feature is NOT to be used just because you're annoyed you got teamkilled and should only be used if someone deliberately killed you.
Players who misuse the punish feature will find themselves held liable under the disruptive game play and common sense rules.

The friendly fire settings will be:

Soldier Friendly Fire: 0% - This governs damage from direct fire weapons. Bullets, direct hits from player fired explosives etc. We can perhaps progress to this over the weekend but at the start I think it's best it stays off.

Soldier Splash Damage 100% - This governs damage from weapons that do splash damage, so any explosive.

Vehicle friendly fire 0% - This governs damage from direct fire weapons that originate from vehicles. Vehicle machine guns and direct hits from explosives. Again, this can maybe be turned on later.

Vehicle Splash damage 100% - This governs splash damage from vehicles i.e. shells, bombs, napalm.

Friendly fire kickback 0% - This governs how much direct fire damage is returned to the originator. If we progress to turning the other friendly fire options on then this'll go on too.

Splash Damage Kickback 100% - This governs how much splash damage is returned to the originator. So if you hit a teammate with an explosive, you will take the same damage.

TK forgive mode: Enabled - This will mean teamkillers are forgiven by default. If a player feels it was a deliberate attempt (such as to get a vehicle that they already had) they can decide to punish the player by opening the console and typing "ptk". I also believe this means you wont receive minus points for TKing, but I will have to check.

Punished TKs before kick: 3 - This means a player must be punished 5 times before they get auto kicked. There will be no auto ban or kick for negative score in place during this trial.

Spawn delay TK penalty: 0.5 - Players who teamkill will receive a 0.5 longer respawn time. This should help against those who teamkill for vehicles but not affect accidental teamkills too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back