• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

BFV Remake (Unity 3D) or HD version?

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
I think it would be awesome if we remade BFV or made it better and cooler. So far I know Unity 3D and some other programs to help it. I'm just a beginner for Unity 3D but I can still do some cool things xD I could get the ripped models from BFV (If someone could do that for me) or make my own but that going to take so much times... I'll replace the ripped models after we build our own so fair enough I guess. we'll later find/make better and more realistic textures and graphics and maybe add destruction soon :cool: Sound like fun yea? Don't worry about in game radio thing, there is many tutorial and scripts to do those ^_^

Thanks Unity 3D easy UI this could be possible.

Anybody interested?

*Why I chooses Unity? Well it has much more nicer UI compared to others and you don't have to be advance at scripting for it.

ArcticWinter

Regular Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Andre
Re: BFV Remake or HD version?

I imagine this would take a considerable amount of time, and the question is, is it worth it? I personally would not mind to see a full graphical upgrade of this game, but it seems like a lot of work. A similar project is Merciless Creations. It's a mod for BF1942 which adds more detailed graphics and new sound, a complete overhaul of the game. They never made one for Vietnam, which I take is because it never got as popular as BF1942.

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
Re: BFV Remake or HD version?

ArcticWinter said:
I imagine this would take a considerable amount of time, and the question is, is it worth it? I personally would not mind to see a full graphical upgrade of this game, but it seems like a lot of work. A similar project is Merciless Creations. It's a mod for BF1942 which adds more detailed graphics and new sound, a complete overhaul of the game. They never made one for Vietnam, which I take is because it never got as popular as BF1942.
Eve of Destruction is making a REDUX version of it and they are very close to finishing it this summer.
http://www.eod-game.com/

And they are using Unity 3D (I'm sure) So this should be possible for me to do. Anyway why not? I may be very good at making things and start developing awesome games and stuff for everyone to enjoy. I like building things and using map editor so it basically something I enjoy doing I guess. But of course I'm not going to put my mind through this all the time, I would have some break and go to school and get good grades from my studies and etc. It would be much more fun if I had a team to work through this and other thing if we agree. So is it worth it? Sure why not, i'm focusing and making FPS games first then when I'm done with that I'll be starting to make other things.

KevinGnWV

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Getting the models are quite easy. If fact most vehicles are made up of parts. i.e.; I once put an A10 bomb rack on a havoc, a paladin gun on a jeep (POE) mod and so for forth. Most serversided so no dl's were needed. You can change all kinds of things but what youre talking about might require a lot of reconfiguring and with the rapidly dying BFV community, it may be a futile attempt.

That being said, dont ever let anyone tell you "it wont work" or "its just not worth the effort". If it gives you enjoyment than its worth every minute.

Good luck.

Kevin G

Back