• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

All-maps June 2014

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Hey people,

This month is likely to be our last month with this many people as when the server list goes numbers are likely to drop; although you can still join directly and there is more information on that at forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/direct/ .

I will be talking to EA and trying to get some more information and seeing what can be done after this month but for now lets stick with some nicer news.

Most of you have probably noticed the Zippos on Albany, Quang tri, Ho chi minh trail and Reclaiming Hue. There are 2 reasons for this;

1. I was given permission to deviate the server from being completely "vanilla" and make some changes.
2. It's probably going to be our last month with so many people and so we should have some fun with it.

I've removed them from Albany (Too long range and the APC capability is more important) and I am unsure about reclaiming so let me know what you think but they seem to work well on jungle maps and those with an urban environment.

Some of you wanted to try friendly fire so I'll talk to some people and figure out the specifics regarding settings and give that a go for a day or 2 although I expect it will be a teamkilling massacre.

I'm welcome to suggestions however please keep them reasonable. I've been thinking about moving default tunnel/box locations on some maps so the other team have to adapt and not just wait where they know it will spawn so we'll see how that goes.

In short, any suggestion that involves changing vehicles (within reason) or server settings should be fine but I wont be adding jeeps with turbo, for example.

So, let me know what you think. :)

Regards,
SucceededKiller.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
yes FF!! if its going to be a massacre, so be it... lets have fun while we can (and finally we wont get killed by m79 point blank lol)

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Quick update.

There is a new rule on main rape with info here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6550

Regarding friendly fire, I have no idea how I can set this up to not screw over legitimate gameplay methods entirely... Engineers and pilots are going to be affected by this most because of how their weapons work.

Area of Effect weapons such as grenades, Claymores/Betty Bombs, C4/TNT, Laws/RPGs/M79s, landmines(to an extent) bombs/missiles/napalm from planes and cannons (Tanks/Tango/M-46/Mortars) will all hurt teammates if they go off nearby when splash damage is turned on. Any form of close support from these becomes incredibly risky and stationary devices will kill teammates making defensive play impossible.

Targeted weapons such as anything that fires bullets, Laws/RPGs/M79s/sa-7s, Landmines, bombs/missiles from planes, MUTTs and cannons will all hurt team mates if standard friendly fire is on assuming they hit them, rather than explode near.

You can probably see where the problem is now...it's a lot more than just stopping people firing AoE weapons at their feet with no consequence but changes the game entirely not to mention that driving a vehicle and having someone walk in front of you is likely to kill them.

Regarding the jeeps, I'm worried that they will shift how the map works entirely. The idea is for NVA to hold the flags but I think we all know that adding jeeps just means an NVA assault force to main the entire time or a whole lot of "is no more" as the map is not very jeep friendly. We'd also have to find a reasonable place to spawn them that does not look out of place which many of the locations don't have. (the far west and north base might work.)

KevinGnWV

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
As far as FF being on Im really tired of being killed by suicide bombers. Turn it on. War is hell.

Edit: Laws, RPGs grenades and c4 to the face isnt fun. Games are supposed to be fun. Ill still play but I cant stand more than a map or two before I quit.

Maxwell Smart

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I think it would be awsome if the copilot could fly an aircraft too so the pilot could bail if he wanted to.

L

Lori

SK, I disagree, the only problem might take place is you will be likely punished for teamkill, and die too, but I believe you may turn a free mode because anything may happen during the war; and if it will be a massacre..let it be!
FF also helps to involve people in teamwork, players will think twice before shoot.Turn it on. Or at least make a poll like with spawn killing.
Jeeps...add them to both Quang tri maps.There are jeeps in that background video from main menu, totally two on '68 (one at the North City and MUTT at the Tower ) and maybe three on '72 ( Clearing, Tower, and that north flag so nva engineers might set the mines faster). More action.
Thank you.

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
Maxwell Smart said:
I think it would be awsome if the copilot could fly an aircraft too so the pilot could bail if he wanted to.

If the copilot is aware its just to bail pilot and then hit"1" to become pilot, do it at a higher altitude.

SK said:
...difficulties....

Is it possible, in an easy way, to give splashdamage to a specific weapon? like m79/Law/Rpg?

mortars*, timebombs and mines are skillz ;) :evil:
*-against especially planes n choppers! (unless at reclaming Hue aimed at us main, then its chickenshit, bwok bwok)

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL] said:
SK said:
...difficulties....

Is it possible, in an easy way, to give splashdamage to a specific weapon? like m79/Law/Rpg?

mortars*, timebombs and mines are skillz ;) :evil:
*-against especially planes n choppers! (unless at reclaming Hue aimed at us main, then its chickenshit, bwok bwok)

Unfortunately not; it's an "all or nothing" setting...

Back