• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Bringing this to the top of the heap...

T

TonyB

Guys, raping is going to kill the game. We are losing players, not to mention I'm not seeing admins on other than Flower (granted I am busy these days and don't get on as often as I like). For reasons I cannot explain, some players enjoy raping. They have no clue, if they care, that they are ruining the game and driving away players.

We freaking need players! If guys spawn - die - spawn - die - spawn - die, they leave the game. Who's gonna be left to rape?

I love this game and I hate to see it end but if you don't impose a no-rape rule (last flag, ok), then figure on the game going dead.

Idiots who engage in raping don't care - and they should if they want to keep playing the game. Let the admins boot them - Flower knows who the regular players are and he should boot them if they rape.

Kn3wn

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Wayne Campbell
pinky said:
Guys, raping is going to kill the game. We are losing players, not to mention I'm not seeing admins on other than Flower (granted I am busy these days and don't get on as often as I like). For reasons I cannot explain, some players enjoy raping. They have no clue, if they care, that they are ruining the game and driving away players.

We freaking need players! If guys spawn - die - spawn - die - spawn - die, they leave the game. Who's gonna be left to rape?

I love this game and I hate to see it end but if you don't impose a no-rape rule (last flag, ok), then figure on the game going dead.

Idiots who engage in raping don't care - and they should if they want to keep playing the game. Let the admins boot them - Flower knows who the regular players are and he should boot them if they rape.
You know I've been bringing the topic of no admins up a lot. I'm not sure their going to do anything about it. Last time I remember, you have skill and if you have skill then you can get out of the base and cap another flag! If you don't have skill you bitch about it on the fourm.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
But you know, not everyone on the server is skilled enough or has loads of time to waste for the raper to leave... Do you guys really mind a bunch of rapers ruining the game for majority of players? Its called positive discrimination...

1 rule and its sorted... or make it no rape until its the last flag...

Local time
Reaction score
I Strongly agree with these fellas!!
Pinkys statement at the top really sais it all. I don't see why we cant change that 1 rule to No rape till Last flag.
That would be alright. Maps like Flaming Dart are set up so that USA may spawn at several locations around the main there (diff islands) it makes it Much easier to stop the rape when there are a variety of locations to spawn from, Yet still be able to sufficiently fire upon the enemy raping main. Therefore on maps such as Flaming Dart, Khe Sahn, main rape should be allowed no matter how many flags either team has. And maps such as Hastings and Game Warden, where either team is limited to small area to spawn at main, there should be a (no rape till last flag) type of rule.

The problem:
This is a server where people from all over the world actually play. We don't all speak the same language. Many wouldn't understand why they were being kicked if they were raping the mains.

Solutions: ??
Rules in text in 4 languages??
Idk, but if we can present a legitimate case, with a reasonable solution, lets do it.
I look forward to seeing more people address this issue. Lets be open to suggestions.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, on maps like Dart or Khe Sahn it should be allowed. US has a big advantage on Dart because of big main base and rape on Khe Sahn is manageable. But Hastings and Game Warden are more or less balanced maps, so rape just ruins it. For both teams.

The main temptation to rape IMHO is that MI8 is inferior to Huey with a good copilot, so NVA pilots go for easy kills at main instead of helping their team. I dont see many US pilots raping on Warden or Hastings. If someone needs to have an hour of relaxation with killing hoards of soldiers, thats what singleplayer is for.

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with lastflag open attack. It has been a rule at most servers and we oldtimers are used to them.

Dont know why Helloserver hasnt this rule??
But is it too hard to change? or rather -> are there admins to stop/persuade/change rong blackhawk etc to support own team instead going 4 respawnkills at us/nva mains???

Like Toxic wrote; how many Active admins do we really have?
Where are SK, Eastings etc?

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly, it was a common rule in the old times (one server even had mains protected so rapers would die) and I dont remember any problems with that.

Could we at least try it for a week or two and see how the players react? And issue only warnings and, if nothing else works, kicks.

For the lack of admins: IDK when I play, there is at least one admin on (mostly Flower) and we have a growing number of players able to record any offences... But it would be nice if some actual admin responded here, so we dont just speak into the wind...

Local time
Reaction score
Still waiting for response from admins? lol
I am beginning to think that these forums are nearly as dead for the BFV'rs.
Hope you guys can figure out something, Add more admin or 2, no rape till last flag.... something please!
Is SK still gone? go to Tedde if SK is gone.

Mr.Beezly

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Dakota Matthie
toxic2 said:
Hope you guys can figure out something, Add more admin or 2, no rape till last flag.... something please!

I talked to ted the other day about if he had plans for choosing a leader, which he said he was working on it.
As for getting new admins, i believe MaxwalPro and Lost are working on that.

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Mr.Beezly said:
toxic2 said:

I talked to ted the other day about if he had plans for choosing a leader, which he said he was working on it.
I could be an admin for a while and maybe start an event more on Saturday and do fun things =) I have a lot of great ideas that are not been done. I could post modded maps to that server for an event.
I don't play 24/7 but I still do come on

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Deadly=)^ said:
Mr.Beezly said:
toxic2 said:

I could be an admin for a while and maybe start an event more on Saturday and do fun things =) I have a lot of great ideas that are not been done. BFV is a great game and many people seam to not know this game well sadly.
I don't play 24/7 but I still do come on

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
One angle that many don't realize is, Prob one of the main reasons "Hello" server has lasted this long is the lack of change. Proving, delivering the game the way it was launched offers something for everyone. Is it perfect, maybe not but who is and what site is delivering everything for everyone these days ? Please send me the url to the perfect server you know of ?

A rookie mathematician can easily calculate that there wont be that many drastic changes regardless of public opinion on this server. What makes this server tick is the absence of change & is the main reason why its lasted this long.

Keep it simple, play with the current rules and let go of the petty stuff, it will work and has worked for along time.

T

TonyB

I'm not sure when I came to play here, I think it was a year or so ago. At the time, I was playing at HHK. HELLO was the only server that seemed to have 40 plus players on at any given time. Long gone are the days of many, loaded BFV servers. Obviously the game is more fun with lots of players. The numbers are dwindling. I can get on about any time of the day and there are times when there are no more than 15-20 players total on the server.

I mentioned to Flower the other day that I was on the verge of removing the game from my computer and moving on to other things. I started playing when the game came out. I went on hiatus from 2007 - 2010. Came back to HHK then found HELLO. It's been a good run. For the most part, it has been fun. I'll decide in the next few days what I will do. With SK being gone, the server is not the same. I've never been warned/kicked/banned from a BFV server until last night when I offended an admin by my using the word noob (too many times I guess). I left the game with the intent to bag it. Move on. I figured I would sleep on it. I did.

It's been fun guys. It will end soon for some and for all eventually.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
More draaama ...

Pinky, the admin wasn't telling you how many times you could or couldn't say noob.

I made a simple comment about you saying the same thing 40 times and you got all pissy and started insulting me over nothing. Just like you can whine all game , I can say why don't you stop once in a while were tired of hearing it. Were not both wrong or right , its just a comment.

That's silly & and that's what I said last night " your being silly"
Now if you want make that into this grandiose good bye, then it is what it is.

But we need the veteran players here like you and know body is kicking you out. If you cant take a comment you shouldn't play here or actually engage in any conversation. know body on the server at that time got all pissy with you when you started calling everyone names for how they played and what you disapproved of right ?

But its ok to ream everyone that doesn't play like you want them to. That's not going to work and that's my point of the last post I made.

Enjoy the dam server while its still up and the many good people that are still left. I agree with you, there is crap play by some of these guys that specialize in raping , etc.. But there's dirty players in every sport , function , job, etc...

Local time
Reaction score
IMHO:

Helis raping mains on Hastings and Warden should be limited to last flag only.
Despite the posts made by Mr. Orange, even though he makes a good point, I don't see anyone else agreeing with him. All comments thus far seem to be in favor of a no rape till last flag situation, or close to it. Everyone is allowed their opinion and that's what we're looking for here.
As I see it so far it is just Mr. Orange that believes the server should stay as it is.
I think would be worth making a vote topic Pinky!!! If you make one, and get it approved by Tedde, to see if its even a possibility...I'd definitely vote for no rape till last flag. I would bet the majority would vote for it also.
Make a vote topic.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I VOTE FOR THE VOTE TOPIC!!

lol... I agree with mr. orange about the absence of change that keeps the server running, the rules are few, simpe and people got used to it, but its impossible to get used to the hardcore rapers these days... When there are few people playing its a PITA. I dont see how that "is a part of the fun".

really, make a poll and let people decide...

Local time
Reaction score
 A.  said:
I VOTE FOR THE VOTE TOPIC!!

lol... I agree with mr. orange about the absence of change that keeps the server running, the rules are few, simpe and people got used to it, but its impossible to get used to the hardcore rapers these days... When there are few people playing its a PITA. I dont see how that "is a part of the fun".

really, make a poll and let people decide...

ABSOLUTELY!!
I also agree with Mr. Orange, but only to a point. I personally do not think 1 or 2 very minor tweaks would hurt.
And if something happens, like the daily basis helo rapists band together and make a topic to have rape restored, it can very easily be set back to the original settings.

T

TonyB

mRoRange said:
More draaama ...

Pinky, the admin wasn't telling you how many times you could or couldn't say noob.

I made a simple comment about you saying the same thing 40 times and you got all pissy and started insulting me over nothing.............

If you cant take a comment you shouldn't play here or actually engage in any conversation. know body on the server at that time got all pissy with you when you started calling everyone names for how they played and what you disapproved of right.............. its ok to ream everyone that doesn't play like you want them to....

So when I saw the admin message "If you say noob one more time..." - the admin wasn't telling me how many times I could or couldn't say the word? Interestingly, he posted that admin message well after I last called the spawn camper a noob. As soon as I saw the message, I left the game.

You gave me shit a long time ago Orange because I try to get guys into the slick to cap flags or try to get guys on with wrenches. You said that it wasn't my business telling other guys what weapons to use or how to play the game, that I was no stellar player. I'll let other players judge me and my play. As for you, I could give two shits.

I could go on about your bullshit but it would serve no purpose.

Making you an admin is a disaster for the server. When you come on, I will leave the game.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
As I stated in the last post we need veteran players like you still, its a better gaming experience and balances the gene pool here. But if your hell bent for someone standing up and voicing there opinion whether I was admin at the time or not I don't know what to tell you. Why don't you give me and the other new admins a chance , then make your final analysis.

I specifically called you out 10 moths ago for calling your team a bunch of idiots over an over and over, just because they didn't do what you said when you said it. And there was more but that was long ago. However, If that hurt your little tootsies then I guess I have to apologize for your feelings and whatever grudge you have against me , but not for what you said.

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
mRoRange said:
As I stated in the last post we need veteran players like you still, its a better gaming experience and balances the gene pool here. But if your hell bent for someone standing up and voicing there opinion whether I was admin at the time or not I don't know what to tell you. Why don't you give me and the other new admins a chance , then make your final analysis.

I specifically called you out 10 moths ago for calling your team a bunch of idiots over an over and over, just because they didn't do what you said when you said it. And there was more but that was long ago. However, If that hurt your little tootsies then I guess I have to apologize for your feelings and whatever grudge you have against me , but not for what you said.

Here, Here!!!

Back