• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Cedar Falls Tunnelwar

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
Hey guys, i know that many of you voted to get this map off the server. But i really miss it. So im going to ask you, Do you want to put back the old Cedar Falls Tunnelwar map onto all maps? Here are a few videos of me playing it. The reason we deleted it was to much camping, although if we look through the glass half-full you could get really, really big killstreaks like on no other map. ( Because of so many people packed into the tunnels )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdKmDauYng[/youtube]

Here the shots from that map starts around 1:50 (Yes its really old)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3mkogF691o[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Sorry tedde... its not that byrd disliked it, its that that was the only map with skyraiders... wich byrd did not think it was fair to take away, and the map ws not the camping it was the baseraping.... if any team go down to 1 base it would litterally be impossible to leave the spawn arean with out being blown up. Maybe if you put a skyraider on lets say the fall of saigon byrd would be more willing to agree with you but...

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
I loved that map! Perhaps some flags should be moved around, and it should be made impossible to leave the tunnels ( when the map was still on people could leave it ). But tunnelwars in cedar falls is great!
And, because people want the real cedar falls, it doesnt have to replace the original one, but just be an extra map :)
Also i think rpg's , law's ,and m79 should be turned off on that map.

Hello, would you mind giving your opinion? I don't want to upset you but the last time I entered the server on that map there were multiple players saying "i want the head of the modder who made this map". People who are on the server appear to not want that map on the queue. I thought it would be a good idea to take this out of the chat panel amd onto a opinions section of the form.

Travco said that they 'want the modder who made this map'. So I think the main problem was that it was glitchy, but that can be solved :)

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
Well yeah, its not perfect. It would in that case need improvements before i uploaded it :)

A

Anonymous

dont uploadit yet... we havent had enough feedback, byrd knows alot of people diliked the map, at least some of them dont even use this forum
a poll would be good first

S

Soldier

at first i thought why you opened this topic, but now i see that you are right, there are really much campers in the tunnels

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
If the flags get moved around a bit, there wont be so much camping.. And you cant do a poll when people dont know what the new maps looks like

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
i really like Cedar Falls Tunnelwar mod 1 of the best HELLO ever made. just opening fire at every ting that moves.

SgtStubbs

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
That map wasn't bad but the removal of stuff like Beta said would be nice and that flag that couldn't be taken was a serious kill point, should be moved or removed.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
You should just put it back, then if people have problems with it they will complain here and say what they say is wrong, and then problems can be solved :)

F.U.q.e.r

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Everytime that map came up, people complained and I agreed. It could be the worst map I have EVER played. Spawn Kill Central. It's like a map for 1st graders, lay in a the tunnel and spawn kill and spam grenades at the limited spawn points. People start hating and complaining and I hear enough of that already. Just my opinion though, I don't pay for the server.

Zero

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Alright this is my opinion on this to solve all problems......

#1 make all the entrances to the tunnels instantly kill a person if they try 2 walk in and or out of the tunnel. This way it will not be just a tunnel war.

#2 Leave all the flags in there original positions

#3 Move the tunnel a few of the tunnel spawn points around so people can't be camped as easy ( if its such a problem)

#4 Maybe add in like 1 mi-8 for NVA team and maybe like 1 huey or give NVA the KA-18 or whatever there Small heil is,the one with heatseakers ( just make heatseaker damage 0 ) so people can't seat hop and it would be more fair,or just give them a loach 2 or give both teams hueys you figure it out just make it even same with planes.

#5 Make m79 damnage 0 IF and only IF you do pure tunnels only, same with RPG i remember when this map was up people ( including myself ) would constantly complain about them. M60 is enough fire power for usa in a tunnel.

Thats what i think as fair as mod wise go's on what should happen in a very very minimum outlook on what should be done with the map.

A

Anonymous

Byrd disagrees for 1 reason: Cedar falls is the home to many vehicles only found in that map:
A-1 Skyraider
Ontos
There is supposed to be a zippo on cedar as well (proof one of the object spawners is labeled: zippospawner)

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
SgtSurfinByrd said:
Byrd disagrees for 1 reason: Cedar falls is the home to many vehicles only found in that map:
A-1 Skyraider
Ontos
There is supposed to be a zippo on cedar as well (proof one of the object spawners is labeled: zippospawner)

I agree, can't there be two versions of Ceder?

N00BASAURUS REX

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
Hello doesnt want to mod the server and put in 1.2 vehicles yet they still want 2 put in crappy mods like this. It wasnt that great, all i did was be usa, wait till nva had last uncapture flag and then rape with m-60. I always got first when i played it though. Bad idea, enclosed maps r just asking 4 trouble. Besides i know how to get out of tunnels without going through entrance. U can do it on saigon 2

Back