• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Site Reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
During the next couple of days the website might appear in different ways and so on, but you will always be able to post and use the forum.
This will soon be done

ZamZam

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
you know.. not to be rude.. but this is probably one of the poorest maintained php scripted forums i have seen lol. So good luck!

BigPinkPig

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
ZamZam said:
you know.. not to be rude.. but this is probably one of the poorest maintained php scripted forums i have seen lol. So good luck!

O_O wtf O_O

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
ZamZam said:

Look at the date of this topic, we started maintance before you signed up, but thanks

BigPinkPig

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
fighting00 ZamZam sniper00

Lol TE site is so poor...

ZamZam

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Whats poor about our site?

Well just by looking at the main page of the hello site i can see its just plain html, an not php. Actually every page on the index of your site is html an they arn't even connected except by creative style scripts. It must be a pain having to update all the links to every page without a database, or adding news on the main page without embedding it into the file. I'm only trying to help you guys, an i understand you guys just came from a free website provider that manages everything for you but you need to understand its such a hassle to have to open up Dreamweaver then open the files you want to change an replaying something with a new item.. Do you see what I'm saying? Like i noticed the themes aren't even installed correctly, if you don't want them used just disable them or uninstall them threw the acp so it doesn't mess up the users profile making it unusable.

Once again I'm only helping.. so please don't flame me for that.

Travco

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Travis Palmer
Ok, one. This "most poorly maintained forum that you've ever seen" is NOT the worst forum, and I can say that from experience. Two this is a website, forum, and clan managed by young adults and teenagers, not a corporation. Third we don't need to hear unconstructive criticism, and the forum page is not un-useable unless your web browser isn't from this century. Forth and finally, if you don't want to be flamed then why dont you stop acting condescending and give actual advice (if that is your not here to just rant on about how bad were running a clan with no income other than from ads and periodic donations.)

Oh, and I forgot to mention. We dont need to hear any blastfamy about how great team edition is, as I type this you only have 5 people on all of your 5 gaming and ventrillo servers. One of them is you. :roll:

ZamZam

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Travco said:
Ok, one. This "most poorly maintained forum that you've ever seen" is NOT the worst forum, and I can say that from experience.
Thats true, but the php is.

Travco said:
This is a website, forum, and clan managed by young adults and teenagers, not a corporation.
I know that, but im not talking about the members of hello. I mean the person who manages the site information, thats helloclanleader, correct?

Travco said:
we don't need to hear unconstructive criticism, and the forum page is not un-useable unless your web browser isn't from this century.
Your right the forums work on the default settings, not on custom settings an not on imported settings like the chat bot at the top.

Travco said:
Forth and finally, if you don't want to be flamed then why dont you stop acting condescending and give actual advice (if that is your not here to just rant on about how bad were running a clan with no income other than from ads and periodic donations.
If you want my advice then ask for help. Plus i was never saying that your clan is ran poorly with no income or donations whats so ever. I was only saying that the php on the site is poorly done an it could be better.

Travco said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention. We dont need to hear any blastfamy about how great team edition is, as I type this you only have 5 people on all of your 5 gaming and ventrillo servers. One of them is you. :roll:
I never said team edition was great, an no i haven't played on my servers for the past week. That made me laugh that you went and checked it though lol.

Please understand that there are problems, at lest admit that. I admit that when i first did html i thought it was the best thing ever, but it was to much of a hassle to have to change information from a html editor. Just admit every site has an error somewhere.

BigPinkPig

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
dude whats wrong? you just come to our forum and say "ur forum is poorest what i ever seen" Nothing else to say?

Travco

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Travis Palmer
Ok, I'm glad to see you dropped the condesention.

-I always do my research as to if someone is credible, I see your forum and website are quite cleanly run... Though its unfortunate you don't have the member base we do. very clean.

- we'd be glad to take any help or advice you're willing to give, were a clan of gamers for gamers, and our website is trying to wrap around the interests of our gaming community. We have by definition holes that form as we try to expand and better the site, like a ballon inflating.

- Ill ask for your help, but your better off talking to Tedde. The "helloclanleader". No point in talking to one of the helpers of helloclan when you can talk to the leader. You can try him on xfire: "helloclan13".

- Can I ask you what your interest in helloclan is and what brought you here?

ZamZam

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well recently i had to redo my database for my site so the members table was redone, an i am still asked my members to register when they can. We do have alot im not sure at how many you have but i know with bfv an steam combined it would be around 120+ but i only have 70 or so registered.

I came here because i was told hello have a bad spam bot problem as well as many other problems.

I am here because i like to help people with things, like designing sites, sigs, ect. I am recommended by adobe with web development.

Travco

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Travis Palmer
Ok, well we use Xfire as our main means of communication. If you don't already have it: http://www.xfire.com/downloads/
Tedde is currently running an event on one of our new servers. But he'll probably be out soon enough to talk to you, just add "helloclan13" in xfire.

--Edit: event is over

BigPinkPig

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
ZamZam said:
Well recently i had to redo my database for my site so the members table was redone, an i am still asked my members to register when they can. We do have alot im not sure at how many you have but i know with bfv an steam combined it would be around 120+ but i only have 70 or so registered.

I came here because i was told hello have a bad spam bot problem as well as many other problems.

I am here because i like to help people with things, like designing sites, sigs, ect. I am recommended by adobe with web development.

ohh :D :D :D nice

Jacko

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
ZamZam said:

By all means post some of you work so we can see how great you are.

Oh and why is he here , probably one if those people who come and offer to help out to gain administrative positions in a community with a decent amount of users because their community sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back