• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Hastings

Captain Mack

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
I've been playing BFV for many years now and I've learn't many tactics/tricks while playing. However some maps are getting a bit stale. For example - Operation Hastings, it definitely needs a makeover.
Just a idea, I think some consideration should be made into including ZSU's + Skyraiders with naplam into Hastings.
Adding ZSU's on both sides would reduce the effectiveness of the choppers.
Maybe add a few MUTT's with rockets, include some Pattons and T-54's as well.

Flaming Dart is the same, it needs a complete makeover. After the F4 towers are gone it always turns into a Mi-8 rape. In the early days of BFV the towers lasted much longer, but now everyone knows that these must go first. I must admit using a Mi-8 to its full lethal effect in Flaming Dart, its possible to get real high scores using the Mi-8 by sitting in it on the pad until the F4 tower is gone, then take off and go looking for the opposing team. But after so many many times it gets a little boring.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
I don't agree with modding hastings as it is the most balanced airmap on bfv. However, flaming could use a minor tweak, such as adding more health to all the towers or make them respawnable.
I also had an idea of adding extra Quad turrents around the usa airbase.
You can find that here

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Hasting should be left alone, a couple months ago we tried asking the BFV management for more health on towers or at least a better chance for fighting. I believe it came down that if the US has good F4 pilots the US towers are usually fine. Unless there is a pro on the other team that is determine to get the towers down, well that will be so. The US can also steal the enemy Migs or C4 the enemy towers so they cant spawn anymore.

People hate Flamming because the main reason is that its not the jets that annoy people is the on going mass killing with the Mi-8s... have slower spawning time for enemy Mi-8s would be nice. Also have the "Party Boat" with more health if possible.

Having more quad .50 cals would be great or more M.U.T.T's. People need to use team work to protect, repair, and destroy the towers.

mi8.jpg

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
I think we have to be very careful with modding.. we don't want it looking like SEXY. The point is to make it look realistic and nice, place helicopters on helipads only, and Quad's on realistic places. I agree on placing some more 50. cals in the Hastings main.

And perhaps it's a good idea to make the spawning time way longer for all air verhicles on Dart, to limit the raping that happends in that map.

360TheRooster

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
Never should the US/arvn side have soviet made equipment no ZSUs for that side in my opinion. 4-6 quads at the f4 base would make it very formidable to take out i would be interested in seeing this, i don't agree with much modding its all about being a team player and playing unselfish

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
360TheRooster said:
...its all about being a team player and playing unselfish

Thats the point of Battlefield that DICE wants to put out.... If you work alone, go play Call of Duty....

Back