• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Using Punkbuster

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
This thread is to make some questions about punkbuster and i've wondered if it works well?

Does it make any unnecessary kicks, like disrupting the ordinary game?

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Firstly, Punkbuster requires everyone who plays on the server to have PunkBuster installed and enabled. That is a problem for many people, who didn't install it when they installed the game.

Secondly, when I installed Punkbuster on the event server, it started kicking people randomly and lagged the server massively, but i'm guessing that's because it wasn't configured the right way yet.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
PB is useless. 1942 and Vietnam are no longer support and thus don't get actively updated anymore. Hacks that were made 2010+ won't be detected and hackers can hack as they please in a PB server.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
You honestly think that screenshots catch all hacks? Any hack made after 2010 with a competent coder can easily bypass the screenshot function. Yeah, it will catch anyone stupid enough to use old hacks, whoopdity do.

Also, fuck off. You attack me in every thread you can and then bitch and moan when I say something to you. I thought you were the "mature" one, eh? Why don't you grow up, go outside maybe, and stop bitching at people over the internet.

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
CommandoBeta said:
Firstly, Punkbuster requires everyone who plays on the server to have PunkBuster installed and enabled. That is a problem for many people, who didn't install it when they installed the game.

Secondly, when I installed Punkbuster on the event server, it started kicking people randomly and lagged the server massively, but i'm guessing that's because it wasn't configured the right way yet.

I'll reinstall my bfvietnam and also Punkbuster, if you need some testpilots for punkbuster i'd gladly help.

and guys calm down this is just a punkbuster discussion.

S

Soldier

Kurk said:
You honestly think that screenshots catch all hacks? Any hack made after 2010 with a competent coder can easily bypass the screenshot function. Yeah, it will catch anyone stupid enough to use old hacks, whoopdity do.

Also, fuck off. You attack me in every thread you can and then bitch and moan when I say something to you. I thought you were the "mature" one, eh? Why don't you grow up, go outside maybe, and stop bitching at people over the internet.

Yes, as you said kurk, there are hacks which causes an black screenshot (or bypass it on other ways) , if any admin trys to catch an "admin screenshot".
And no, the black screenshot doesn`t proove anything, because there can be many reasons, why an black screenshot occurs...

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
BlackHawk0012 said:
Couldnt Handle eh?
Now that will teach you to stop trolling.
Took your own medicine.
But, i wont waste my hate on you.

Have a good day sir.

==
And , yeah, i approve beta for testing PB in the "event" server when its not in use.
+1 for him.
==
No, because when I troll people I don't go off and write an entire sympathy thread when I feel like it and then bitch to the admins to do something about the one I trolled, trolling me back. When I troll on the server I get banned, end of story (minus Berserker, entirely meant to troll him to no end so I fought it like dicks). You on the other hand, troll; instigate and then come to the forums with boat loads of evidence against the person you pissed off. You then have your circle jerking butt buddies come to the forum to back you up. I played in the server recently, I say one thing against UPEO and you guys go like the fucking gestapo, taking videos, recording logs. Yup, sure is maturity our exert.

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
so funny....why do all the threads u comment on blackhawk end up like this..? this is part of the reason why decent discusion cant take place and things dont get resolved. You should stop hating on ppl and chillout.. you will be alot happier, and you would stop making enemies of ppl in the community.

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
We're all different and there always 2 sides to every arguement, its just that if you are immature and always end up arguing with ppl, u make more enemies, the topics go nowhere and nothing good comes of it.. which i think is the opposite of what your aiming for.. win/win is better than lose/lose ..

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I don't understand how this got out of control.. let's just have a mature discussion about the pro's and con's of Punkbuster. I'm not pointing any fingers here by the way.

Kurk said:
When I troll on the server I get banned, end of story (minus Berserker, entirely meant to troll him to no end so I fought it like dicks).

I don't quite understand why you refer to this so often (search the forum for 'Berserker', and most of the posts are by you, claiming that you were responsible for the removal of Berserker's admin rights). If I recall correctly, Berserker's admin was removed because he did not behave like an admin should. And for that only. Not because of your pathetic trolling attempts, which reminded me alot of low budget journalism. Apparently you find noting to be better evidence of your 'baddyness', than the fact that you sometimes chance your BFV name, visit a BFV server, and then say some 'funny' nonsense, only to be recognized by the first person who actually pays attention to what you say. Chapeau Kurk.

=UPEO=Bojangles

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
If Kurk wants to behave in a childish way, then he can't complain when people treat him like a child. Please let's just keep this topic on Punkbuster?

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
CommandoBeta said:
I don't understand how this got out of control.. let's just have a mature discussion about the pro's and con's of Punkbuster. I'm not pointing any fingers here by the way.

Kurk said:
When I troll on the server I get banned, end of story (minus Berserker, entirely meant to troll him to no end so I fought it like dicks).

I don't quite understand why you refer to this so often (search the forum for 'Berserker', and most of the posts are by you, claiming that you were responsible for the removal of Berserker's admin rights). If I recall correctly, Berserker's admin was removed because he did not behave like an admin should. And for that only. Not because of your pathetic trolling attempts, which reminded me alot of low budget journalism. Apparently you find noting to be better evidence of your 'baddyness', than the fact that you sometimes chance your BFV name, visit a BFV server, and then say some 'funny' nonsense, only to be recognized by the first person who actually pays attention to what you say. Chapeau Kurk.

PowNed ;)

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Max said:
CommandoBeta said:

Kurk said:

PowNed ;)

That's exactly the kind of low-budget journalism I was referring to. XD

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
CommandoBeta said:

Kurk said:

I think you have misunderstood. I didn't single-handedly go ape mode and troll Berserker into losing his Admin. No, I just trolled him to death because he responded; didn't even mean for him to get his admin removed. Also, because some of his bans were just retarded in my opinion and I had an invested interest in the game at the time. Yeah, I was mean to him, but no I didn't really want him to lose admin, just for him to realise that a name is a name and shouldn't warrant a ban because it has SS in it or something.

I only referenced Berserker in the post because I made like 20 threads everytime he banned me from the server and thought if someone searched for it I would look like a contradicting fool. But if it makes you happy I'll never again speak/type/think his name~

Local time
Reaction score
And another thing...
PB is fuct, Evenbalance is Fuct for Bfv...
Install it for 1.2 and your game consistantly crashes... sais something bout pb not being updated correctly, and to see www.evenbalance.com. But Evenbalance if screwed... at least EVERY single time i have gone to it, updated and followed the steps to add PB... it FAILS!!!! unless someone else has the answers, it pretty much seems like a dead end topic...for the amount of people that would have to install it, and for the amount of people that dont know how to install it... and for the people that would be just fuct if HELLO installed it..i see no gain.
Admins are doing their jobs to keep the hackers out, i think thats all we can ask.

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I maybe should have mentioned the reason for starting this thread.

A certain player named "Nuf für dich" was playing in a very suspicious way, finding our soldiers with pinpoint accuracy while nobody could find him, i confronted him three times about using a hack, in the end he said "but everyone knows even admins in allmaps are hacking".

An admin was inside the server at that time and didn't react, i've become suspicious of a handful players using hacks on the server but i'm too tired to film all of them, this is too much.

There is one server successfully using punkbuster without it bugging down.

So whatever, i'm just too tired of even reporting players anymore.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Yok_Foo said:
I maybe should have mentioned the reason for starting this thread.

A certain player named "Nuf für dich" was playing in a very suspicious way, finding our soldiers with pinpoint accuracy while nobody could find him, i confronted him three times about using a hack, in the end he said "but everyone knows even admins in allmaps are hacking".

An admin was inside the server at that time and didn't react, i've become suspicious of a handful players using hacks on the server but i'm too tired to film all of them, this is too much.

There is one server successfully using punkbuster without it bugging down.

So whatever, i'm just too tired of even reporting players anymore.
Unfortunatly, I wasn't online. But you can contact me anytime you like, and I'll spectate him/her right away ;)

Yok_Foo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Max said:
Unfortunatly, I wasn't online. But you can contact me anytime you like, and I'll spectate him/her right away ;)

Thank you, i tried to find this guy again bacause he changes his Nickname, just like "Buffalo Soldier" did.

edit: n/m

Back