• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Do you like the cedar falls tunnels only map? poll

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
The map has the tunnel entrances blocked off, so eveyone spawns underground, but like beta said sometimes ppl do spawn outside on the surface. (no real change)

S

Soldier

SucceededKiller said:
Does anyone have pictures or videos of the map? I've only ever played the maps that are on the server. :p Or is it just the tunnels of the map and no real changes besides that?

It is the map with the A1 Skyraider (Bomb version, 1 with Bomb, 1 with Napalm).
It has aswell on the us main baise an OH 6 Loach and a huey slick.
The map can be played in the tunnels or at the open field, but most people prefer to use the m79 in the tunnels.
But i don`t get too what he means with "only map"..

PS: As i can read (i hope i am not blind), the server is called "Allmaps", and since its the only server on 1.2 which has many players, it should stay as it is.
If one map get removed from the rotation, people will start to demand to remove maps like "LZ Albany" or any other they do not like..
And the name "Allmaps" wouldn`t fit then anymore..

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
SucceededKiller said:
Does anyone have pictures or videos of the map? I've only ever played the maps that are on the server. :p Or is it just the tunnels of the map and no real changes besides that?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdKmDauYng[/youtube]

The map appears on several places in this video, at 7:50 you can see Sebasjee getting a 20+ kill with a M79 when the US only had one remaining spawn point and the server was full.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3mkogF691o[/youtube]

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Soldier said:
But i don`t get too what he means with "only map"..

"tunnels only" So a version of the map that only consists of tunnels I presume. This would then be added in addition to all the other pre-existing maps.

helloclan13 said:
SucceededKiller said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdKmDauYng[/youtube]

The map appears on several places in this video, at 7:50 you can see Sebasjee getting a 20+ kill with a M79 when the US only had one remaining spawn point and the server was full.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3mkogF691o[/youtube]

So it's the sort of map that favours people that use M79's, LAW's and RPG's that we already hate on open maps? xD

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
GI 4Ever said:
Is any action going to taken or what?
Yeah I'm waiting on this too lol.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
With only 8 votes cast in this topic, and hundreds of people playing in the server every day, I doubt this map will be added to the server. Especially since many people in the server were complaining about it when this map was actually in the server.

Local time
Reaction score
yea dont change it please...
i would be all for it, if friendly fire was on for that map. so the tubers were kept at bay.
but i fear if it were tunnels only...it would be solid betties, claymores, rpgs and m79s... and lots of camping and raging.
however if you can mod those aspects out of the game and make it an assault map, where both teams charged the opposing flags, with no noobing and just all out assault rifles, the map would be super fun as tunnels only.

Local time
Reaction score
yea blacky, that makes alot of sense... you voted for obama, good job.
so that has to do with this topic how?
i must be the only one that thinks your a complete child, i sometimes wonder...you say you have college classes and stuff, and your so fkn smart... why dont you act like it?
i would imagine your college classes are most certainly online..for if i were you, i would FEAR being around anyone bigger than me.
i spose your not nearly as clever and cocky IRL however...i imagine if you were, your face would be re-arranged in a big fast hurry. ya follow?

Rambo FlamingDart

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
I know this is an old topic but I'm interested and would like to test out this map and probably after that, make a poll to put this map in the server map rotation list, just for a weekend. Then we could discuss the feedback.
Can somebody send me the cedar falls tunnels only map or upload it sowhere so I can check it out?

Thanks and greets
Rambo

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
I doubt anything will ever be in the rotation, that must be downloaded by the server populace. As you know we have people from all different countries with limited use of the English Language and some with even lesser technical ability to download and install things. If I'm wrong about this though and this is a regular "stock map" then sure lets flipping add this now!

Don't get me wrong, we are NOT squares here at HELLOCLAN a short while back we did a series of clan wars, and even played a modded jeep map race with farting turbo jeeps and chaingun turrets. But the difference was it happened on an alternate server. Not our bread and butter server which is currently the last bastion of this game.

I doubt anyone would even risk the idea of even a few of our players bleeding off. Even for a weekend, however fun the idea may sound. Might I suggest setting this up on a different server, perhaps an event server?

That being said I am NOT the voice of HELLO, so you should see what SK and Shaun think about it. :cool:

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
It's not a new map that anyone would have to download. All the action is confined to the tunnels, and all exits are blocked. Every now and then, a player might glitch their way out of the tunnels, but there is nothing to do there, no flags and no enemies.

It was a lot of fun because the battles were confined to small areas, and you really did not have to go far to find a fight.

The problem with the tunnels-only map was that once a team got caught with only one flag, it was like Reclaiming Hue, spawn to be slaughtered.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
I wouldn't even know where to find the map, although I guess I could attempt re-creating it.

You can change the location (and time) of flags, location of spawn points and what vehicles spawn all server side, with no need to download files.

It will replace the existing cedar falls map though, much like there are server side modded versions of quang tri, unless someone wants to correct me and tell me they can both run side by side, but I doubt it. I think the appeal of getting massacred in the tunnels wont last long though, especially for those that like to fly on the map

Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Terry Stoker
I do recall that map. It was indeed alot of fun because of immediate and constant action. It changed the gameplay because there was no hiding, no sneaking, no sniping,, just charge and shoot. :D It will however, ruin any hopes you may have of a high KDR :O

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
So this is something we could potentially start playing immediately? If so, I'm in!

Back