• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

-[HELLO]- BF3 | Allmaps server is up!

Jynx

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Andrew Welch
Today I finally figured out how to use paypal (I know, I'm an idiot...) and I got the server up and running. I played on it for a couple minutes, it seemed fine to me so far. I do know about some concerns on whether we will get much traffic, but think of it this way; I know that Travco and I care about having a good BF3 server, and if we try hard enough, and work hard enough on making the server fun, and enjoyable to play on, then we will get players in. I have faith in this :). Also, BF3 has more players than BF2, and I know for sure more than BFV, so there is a decent chance if people in hello join, others will join also. It's just a matter of time. So if you have BF3 make sure you join often ;). The IP is: 63.208.142.67:25210.

Cjbdiesel

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Man I wish I could join in. I'd bring my PS3 headset and start handing out orders lol

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
MrJynxFTW said:
... I know that Travco and I care about having a good BF3 server, and if we try hard enough, and work hard enough on making the server fun, and enjoyable to play on, then we will get players in.

Dear MrJynxFTW,

I do have a general background in marketing, and as best as I can understand, you and Travco are going to spend some hard earned cash on a BF3 server that the two of you believe people will play on.

Unfortunately, I hate to state this, but having an "All Maps" server for BF3 is not the way to go. That is, as best as I can tell, the server that HELLO is sponsoring, will run through all the map rotations that the BF3 map-makers created: Rush, TDM, and Conquest. This is absolutely the worst way to promote, and to create product differentiation, for a server that I can think of. That is, having maps that incorporate Rush, TDM, and Conquest (i.e.; your All Maps server) will not generate a significant amount of dedicated players.

The BF3 player community have differentiated themselves via their choice of servers to play on: Rush servers are full of players because of players that want to play Rush maps. TDM severs are full because of players that want to play on TDM maps. Conquest servers are full because of people that want to play on Conquest mode. In other words segregation is in full effect.

In my humble and limited understand of BF3, I would strongly suggest that you guys pick a mode for your server (Rush, TDM, Conquest), and then keep it "plain vanilla;" that is, don't change tickets and don't change re-spawn.

Just an idea.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
True, nothing is worse than joining a TDM server and then finding out the gamemode changed after a new map is done loading.

Jynx

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Andrew Welch
The server IS RUSH. If you guys would actually check the server, you would notice that it is -[HELLO]- BF3 | RUSH Allmaps .

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
MrJynxFTW said:
The server IS RUSH. If you guys would actually check the server, you would notice that it is -[HELLO]- BF3 | RUSH Allmaps .

Well, my mistake. Thanks for the information.

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well, it looks like after a considerable amount of time, the HELLO BF3 server is not particularly popular. I'm actually not surprised. I think I said in another post (that I'm too lazy to look for), that there is an over supply of BF3 servers. But, even with that said, there are serious flaws with respect to the product position of this server.

Not that I'm some sort of expert in marketing a gaming server, but, the name of the server, "-[HELLO]- BF3 | RUSH Allmaps" isn't particularly descriptive:

You have "-[HELLO]-," which is basically meaningless to the BF3 community.

"BF3" is basically redundant, after all, if one were to load up their BF3 game, they would already know they are looking for a BF3 server, not a COD server.

"RUSH," at least you've described type of maps on the server.

And lastly, "Allmaps." This actually doesn't help in the description. "Allmaps" implies the server contains all the maps, but, from what I can tell, the server does not have B2K Rush maps, only the maps from the initial game release. So, at this point, the title of "Allmaps" is actually misleading.

Now then, doing my very unscientific research on server data, what I find is that when comparing Rush servers against Conquest servers, Conquest servers contain a larger pool of players than that of Rush servers. Why would this be the case? Well, simply because hardcore Battlefield gamers are going to look for maps that are closest to the "original" idea of Battlefield: Vehicles, wide-open spaces, and flag capture. Hardcore Battlefield gamers are not going to look for maps where one has to arm an M-Com Station.

In my humble and not so scientific opinion, the above is where the problem for the lack of players on your server comes from: You are hosting a COD-MW-hybrid server, not a Battlefield style server. If people want to play COD, they'll buy COD, not BF3 (even though EA and DICE would protest too much about this statement).

Therefore, you should seriously think about changing the name, description, and map-types if you want to generate players on your server.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Thing I found with my other clan's BF3 server is that you need to get like 6 people in there or they won't join. It can literally be empty all day until we get into the server and then it will shoot up to a full server of 40 in a short time.

Jynx

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Andrew Welch
Kurk said:
Thing I found with my other clan's BF3 server is that you need to get like 6 people in there or they won't join. It can literally be empty all day until we get into the server and then it will shoot up to a full server of 40 in a short time.
I noticed that too. No one is actually willing to play bf3 with 4 people in a server though in the clan -.-

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Kurk said:
Thing I found with my other clan's BF3 server is that you need to get like 6 people in there or they won't join.

Actually, I'm kind of curious as to what type of server they are running? Preset, mode, maps, and location? And also, the "Title" of the server?

I think this sort of information may help explain the willingness of players to join a server or to not join one.

Thanks.

RyanCooper

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
I actually prefer Conquest, more possibilities... that is why i have BF3. Running around and shooting is too CODish.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
GunRunner said:
Kurk said:
Thing I found with my other clan's BF3 server is that you need to get like 6 people in there or they won't join.

Actually, I'm kind of curious as to what type of server they are running? Preset, mode, maps, and location? And also, the "Title" of the server?

I think this sort of information may help explain the willingness of players to join a server or to not join one.

Thanks.
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.199.99.187:25200/
That's the server. Goes between Rush and Conquest depending on the mood.

There's also this glitch where we need to lower the maximum slots and increment it up as the server gains more players. Increments by 8, 16, 32, 40(Maximum server slots available)

FBC

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Lol im so good at mostly every battlefiled but should i buy BF3? for PC? I heard that there is a lot of players being banned by a noob admin... if that is true then BF3 is probly the worst BF games that ever made. Despite of realistic and all that stuff, WHERE IS THE TEAM WORK!?. jessh my oppinion -_-

Back