• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Insults

O

Old Hippo

The player in question is >MOB< Smokeya, but this really is a Server Rules question in general. Whenever he is on, he types lovely little digs at whoever happens to kill him in an irritating or skillful way. As such, I have warned him nicely over and over to not insult others, which he promptly ignores. The thing is, he types "u mf" or "pos" or "fu" or "sob" instead of spelling his words out. Some who I have talked to say this is obvious insulting, others say not.

Either way, I am tired of warning him and I am sure he is tired of being warned. I don't want to be kicking or especially banning anyone who is populating the server if they are not clearly breaking the rules. If no one has a problem with this, I will not either. He has certainly shown no willingness to stop when asked, so I only see two trains of thought-

1. This is in violation of the rule "No Insulting" and actions should be taken accordingly.

Or,

2. This is not a problem, let him type.

My take is that saying "fu u pos, go2hel u mf" to anyone after being killed in game is obviously an insult, and is meant as an insult.

So my final question is: where is the line? Does abbreviating words make insults excusable? Players, admins, and ESPECIALLY leaders please give your opinion.

Some examples from the past few days, courtesy of the Ctrl+F feature:
(Note: I only have logs running when I am online; this is not gleaned over long periods of time)
1/11/2012 01:50:10 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: maggot
1/13/2012 00:24:14 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: blow me
1/13/2012 00:26:02 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: hey AAW ...fu
1/13/2012 00:50:50 : # [BLUE] >MOB< Smokeya: mf's
1/13/2012 00:56:04 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: slimey
1/13/2012 01:01:32 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: well u sob
1/13/2012 01:02:10 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: mf
1/13/2012 15:31:11 : # [BLUE] >MOB< Smokeya: wait u retard
1/17/2012 01:06:02 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: maggot

1/18/2012 03:07:49 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: bs
1/18/2012 03:09:44 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: pos
1/18/2012 03:10:18 : # [Global] SHARKY: lol
1/18/2012 03:10:59 : # [Global] -[HELLO]-Dèàdlÿ^Hïppô->: smokeya language
1/18/2012 03:14:47 : # [RED] Red comrade: great red attack!
1/18/2012 03:15:35 : # [RED] Red comrade: US main!
1/18/2012 03:17:26 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: fu
1/18/2012 03:26:01 : # [BLUE] >MOB< Smokeya: moove u idiot
1/19/2012 01:08:17 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: fu
1/19/2012 01:18:59 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: fu
1/19/2012 01:19:04 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: sob
1/19/2012 01:22:29 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: fu
1/19/2012 01:26:45 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: sob
1/19/2012 01:28:24 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: fu
1/19/2012 01:29:49 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: fu mf
1/19/2012 01:54:44 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: sob
1/19/2012 01:55:00 : # [Global] -[HELLO]-Dèàdlÿ^Hïppô->: smoke no name calling
1/19/2012 02:03:05 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: sob
1/19/2012 22:13:20 : # [BLUE] >MOB< Smokeya: take the back flags u idiots
1/19/2012 22:13:41 : Client: Said '[BVSM] >MOB< Smokeya please tone down your language'.
1/19/2012 22:18:11 : # [BLUE] >MOB< Smokeya: u idits dont take the mutt
1/19/2012 22:28:41 : # [BLUE] >MOB< Smokeya: u idiot get him
1/19/2012 22:31:55 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: sob
1/19/2012 22:50:49 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: u mf
1/20/2012 00:05:18 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: bs
1/20/2012 00:20:54 : # [BLUE] >MOB< Smokeya: u guys r stupid
1/20/2012 00:27:58 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: mf's
1/20/2012 00:43:10 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: sob
1/20/2012 01:04:28 : # [Global] >MOB< Smokeya: sob

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Oh yeah, good old Smokeya...

When I was playing on the server, I found his insults annoying at worst, funny at best. But, I realized the following:

He is the embodiment of a 60 year old drunkard that doesn't like kids playing on his front yard; or, won't give the baseball back to the kids of the neighborhood that accidentally hit a foul ball into his backyard. [BTW, why is "front yard" two words and "backyard" one word? Hmmmm?]

Basically, the way I see it is that he's not really reading the chat log, nor does he actually care about the chat log, but rather, he is expressing his frustration of being killed in a way that allows him burn off steam.

Honestly, Hippo, I think you're over reacting towards someone that just has to "verbally" vent when they play the game. He's not hurting anyone. Let it be.

F.U.q.e.r

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
I would say that calling people idiots, maggots , and a retard is definitely insulting. I would also say it was disruptive game play as he was going on and on with it. And both of these continued after he was told to stop. It's not just him though, more needs to be done about others who act the same way, regardless of it being a friend of an admin, a Hello member or someone who donates. Rules are supposed to apply to everyone.

But then again, if multiple admins post logs of a player insulting and several forum members complain about that player, not to mention there being 3 separate topics started about this player and nothing is done. But, yet he still continues it even after he was warned. Then, I don't see how anyone can get kicked/banned.

I am not accusing you of this Hippo, I know you have nothing to do with it.

And to say it's not hurting anyone, that is unknown. You never know when it's a little kid or someone who may be suicidal that is being insulted. There is a big campaign here in the states against cyber bullying because so many kids have committed suicide.

A

Anonymous

Many thing to address here. He does not insult all that frequently, as he very often will go a while without using an "insult". However he is obviously totally ignoring admins requests, and should be banned. Because its time that we should start taking more serious action against players who are complained about with enough eveidence.

To all players: Having -[HELLO]-, {Trashmen}, or <<BoB>> tags, donate to the server, are friends of an admin, are an admin yourself, does not make give you immunity. All PLAYERS have to follow the rules. And if you are a player who thinks you don not have to follow the rules you are sadly mistaken. No one should get special treatment, no one.

Alphascout

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
u have the right to kick in this case

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
i wonder if tedde needs to follow the rules hmmm? haha

O

Old Hippo

GunRunner said:
Honestly, Hippo, I think you're over reacting towards someone that just has to "verbally" vent when they play the game...Let it be.
I thought an over reaction would be to just ban him outright :D but I see your point. That is a viable alternative, but can we then redefine/clarify the insult rule so it is not only Smokeya who we don't warn/kick?

Alphascout said:
u have the right to kick in this case
That doesn't answer the question. I HAVE kicked this guy a few times before, it does no good. It makes no sense to be constantly warning/kicking this guy every time he plays. Either what he is doing is worthy of a ban, or his little chat words are not a problem, and I will not warn him anymore for them. Either it's part of the rule or not, so which is it?

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
we all need to blow off steam and whats better then playing a online game. i think just leave him alone cause this happens every so often

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Deadly_Hippo said:
Either what he is doing is worthy of a ban, or his little chat words are not a problem, and I will not warn him anymore for them. Either it's part of the rule or not, so which is it?

Well, basically, if you've realized it or not, you've become a cop. Welcome to the wonderful world of law enforcement.

You've basically found an interesting gray area of the "law," and, for you as an enforcer, must now make a choice:

If you ban him:

Does he even know why he was banned? After all, he is clearly not reading the chat-log.

Does he know how to appeal his ban? There is a section on this website on how to do this, but Tedde has this website as "Under Construction." Therefore, his "day in court" is hampered.

Does that mean that everyone that has an emotional outburst should be banned? just as Byrd recommended. And, if that is the case, are you willing to enforce a ban rule against everyone that types an "insult" knowing that you have a limited supply of players on the AllMaps server?

If you don't ban him:

Will all hell break loose?

Will the terrorists win?

Will kids on the internet kill themselves?

It's really up for you to decide.

F.U.q.e.r

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
GunRunner said:
Deadly_Hippo said:
Either what he is doing is worthy of a ban, or his little chat words are not a problem, and I will not warn him anymore for them. Either it's part of the rule or not, so which is it?

If you ban him:

Does he even know why he was banned? After all, he is clearly not reading the chat-log.

Does he know how to appeal his ban? There is a section on this website on how to do this, but Tedde has this website as "Under Construction." Therefore, his "day in court" is hampered.

Does that mean that everyone that has an emotional outburst should be banned? just as Byrd recommended. And, if that is the case, are you willing to enforce a ban rule against everyone that types an "insult" knowing that you have a limited supply of players on the AllMaps server?

If you don't ban him:

Will all hell break loose?

Will the terrorists win?

Will kids on the internet kill themselves?

It's really up for you to decide.

IMO, if a player is warned several times and kicked a few times, you would think he would know why or try to find out why.

Should players who break the rules not be banned cuz they don't know why or how to access the forum? Then why have any rules or ban anyone?

Everyone does not get banned for insulting others. Hello has a process of Warn !, Kick! Ban ! And most admin will warn and kick people multiple times before banning. And, even when they ban it's usually only a short ban.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Back