• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Server Attack on -[HELLO]-Allmaps

S

Soldier

Hello guys,
i have detected something strange on our Server. I was playing yesterday undercover (to spectate suspicious hackers because enough know now i am admin), when suddenly we all got the "Warning! Connection Problems" (my game is on german so it might be a little bit different), this problem didnt dissapear only today, it dessapeared almost every day (in the last days).
I heard from some guys,that this problem did dissapear a few times yesterday. When i saw a strange Message which appear as an "Auto Message". As many of you know,i do not belong to the people which suspect people as "hackers" and so on,
I read in the logs that people were suspection a Crasher.
The lag does hold on always a few minutes. Many players were leaving then because of the lag. But this time i could saw a very strange message.
As i said, suddenly there dissapear a strage "auto message". I have talked yesterday with Deadly Hipp and SAS Eltie Soldier about it and they also found it strange.
And people,who does not want to believe me know: it wasnt a name change or a "auto message",because the message does only appeaer once. And some people may think that an admin or Leader did it: no,they couldnt do it, you can not type in white letters with BFRM, i know that, i had my own server running, You can only put white messages as "auto message".
Here are the links.
Dont ignore it. Some people may think know i am stupid and it was an auto message. No.it wasnt, i know much about BFV, and i know what is possible to do or not.
Well, i have thought this werent possible too,but i saw it with my own eyes.
Here are the links.

http://de.xfire.com/profile/bosanac784/ ... #120635998

http://de.xfire.com/profile/bosanac784/ ... #120636024

make the pictures bigger and look at the white message as i said

O

Old Hippo

This is really strange, you can see the 2nd message says something like "hahahahahahaha...nearly this or next time" as in crashing the server I would suspect, and the server was having several lag episodes one after the other.

Any ideas?

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Those gray messages appear at SEXY alot, sometimes things normal players say appear in gray, I think its just a bug. For the server lag, it is not a problem that only HELLO has, nor is it a new problem , because I have seen that lag on servers since 2009.

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I think i found out what is happening.

some on mange to change the announcements as there were no longer working and mange to directly in put his own message to the server. i think the lag was don whit a simple dos attek. still i am not 100% sure. I will infrome u all as soon i know more.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Tankboy said:
I think i found out what is happening.

some on mange to change the announcements as there were no longer working and mange to directly in put his own message to the server. i think the lag was don whit a simple dos attek. still i am not 100% sure. I will infrome u all as soon i know more.

I don't think so.
I myself have changed the announcements at SEXY one time, just by talking in public chat, without even trying to.
For the lag: I have seen it in many servers, including TE, and only when the server was getting full, and it was way before all the crashes.

S

Soldier

CommandoBeta said:
Those gray messages appear at SEXY alot, sometimes things normal players say appear in gray, I think its just a bug. For the server lag, it is not a problem that only HELLO has, nor is it a new problem , because I have seen that lag on servers since 2009.

no beta,this time it was just an attack, and it doesnt happen only yesterday, it has happened the last few days since the 30
and the white message, i have talked about it in the text, i know you change your name,but that wasnt a name change, the server has worked great before the lags came..

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Soldier said:
CommandoBeta said:

no beta,this time it was just an attack, and it doesnt happen only yesterday, it has happened the last few days since the 30
and the white message, i have talked about it in the text, i know you change your name,but that wasnt a name change, the server has worked great before the lags came..

No,
The lag has happened more, especially when there's many people on the server, and there's been many people on around the holidays.
The grey text doesnt only appear during name changes, it is also a bug. Like I said, I have done it at SEXY myself without even trying.

Batt22

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
1/5/2012 2:15 EST server is down....

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
hacker ban :evil: mage to crache it 2 times got his ip before 3 time. now he is band. :evil:

Batt22

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have a donation block? I would love to donate something by using pay-pal.
I havent been able to access the site, only through this link contact.php
At my DFX2 site http://www.closequartersnipers.com/index.php we have a donation block so members and guest can donate. We get enough donations to pay for the site, vent and server, which I was admin for.
Also having a message in the server stating you can donate at the site might help guests donate, if they could access it.
I'm not trying to be bossy, just trying to help as I love playing BFV.

Batt22

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I made it back on the site and donated 10.00$. I have 4 members of my old squad playing in the server and they might join, I'll keep you posted.

Back