• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

New maps , Suggested by ppl in Hello Server

M

MurdertoDeath

EDIT: I don't like censoring comments! I wrote 2 more comments after this and both were deleted. I'm out of this project!

Doorman

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
New maps is what keeps alot of first person shooters alive....long ago I played on a server with the wake map from 42....one of my favorites...

perhaps there is a way to port the 42 maps unto bfv?

it may look a little strange (visual surrounding wise) but Im willing to bet many more folks would appreciate the bfv engine on 42 maps..

nobody will have maps?
problem is easy....go to your blackbag consol,server message "download location/www.****" repeat every min for a week....maps to my knowledge are not that big,even for 56k'rs (if they even still exist)

for the eula followers....
the maps can be changed very little,remove a house,add a pond,etc,etc for those of you that wish to abide by the legal aspects of the eula..

we did this quite a few times,as well we hosted our own servers and website so uploading things such as maps wasnt an issue,never had a problem with peeps not ever coming back due to not knowing how to download maps

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Porting Bf42 is possible, albeit time consuming. I've not the time to do it, but if you find a more willing modder they might. All it really is, is import Bf42 game data (i.e: .rfa/.con) to the Bfv directory and changing some paths. The magic of it all is that Bfv and Bf42 on are the same game engine.

As for EULA, any mod can be created and distributed without legal mishaps so long as its free.

ArcticWinter

Regular Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Andre
Well, i can see what you mean, but.. the biggest problem will be to get people to actually download these maps... I know that atleast 50% of the players in the server don't know how to download maps or use a computer to the more proper than just playing. It will make a big loss of players if new maps will be added.

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
SgtSurfinByrd said:
u can just use world war 2 mode (it has m2 flamethrowers).

u shure like burning thing :p

ww2 mod is all ready on it so that won't be any trouble. i will talk whit lost and hello to set up every thing from mods to new maps. but were going to need ppl whit some good computer know how in order to get realy cool mods. and some ppl that can
make maps.

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
SAS-Elite Soldier said:
Well, i can see what you mean, but.. the biggest problem will be to get people to actually download these maps... I know that atleast 50% of the players in the server don't know how to download maps or use a computer to the more proper than just playing. It will make a big loss of players if new maps will be added.

that is esay to solve u just make a installer fill ppl just need to run it and the job is don.

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I just update it the server so now u can map vote fore a othere map.
U now can play ww2 mod.

new maps will be added soon.

A

Anonymous

AWhere will these maps be put? I dont think custom maps should be put on all maps...and ww2 mod is also questionable. BFV is dying and having half the pople dissconnected from all maps might not help the server.

M

MurdertoDeath

Like i said in my first post, Tankboy deleted all my criticism (get some social skills tankboy!). I also think this project is worthless. There wouldn't be enough people who download those maps, there wouldn't be enough people who play on this server and it would only get people away from Allmaps. So don't let us waste our time!

S

Soldier

MurdertoDeath said:
Like i said in my first post, Tankboy deleted all my criticism (get some social skills tankboy!). I also think this project is worthless. There wouldn't be enough people who download those maps, there wouldn't be enough people who play on this server and it would only get people away from Allmaps. So don't let us waste our time!

lol
this is a nice suggestion, the server is in the working days empty
it would be a nice idea to put some mods, and not only other players would be on it, sometimes some hello members would join together (commando beta, me or someone less)
you do not need to wonder why your comment was deleted, your post was worthless
you call this post worthless? well, some of your posts were worthless too....
so pls think about it before you want to post anything

Doorman

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I can never be convinced that people wouldnt know how to download maps....

remember....these are the same individuals that download music,video,programs,games,etc,etc from any number of sources including but not limited to torrents..

unfortunately,there are some that make it their duty to be the biggest ass they can and make any enjoyable gameplay by others almost unheard of....these people alone wouldnt let their base "victims" play in peace on a map they didnt possess..

if some changes are announced "repetitive" and questions are asked about specifics and answers given "without" ending with "noob,nub,nuub,newb,gay,homo,loser or any other colorful expletive" then those peeps that may or may not know how to install maps wont feel belittled into trying something new out....nobody wishes to chart unknown waters knowing that insults is what awaits them..

apparently changes has been made,a ww2 mod?.. where are the maps located.. on this website?

as well,a total mod is huge in compared to just maps...just me,but I would love to play wake and philippines with bfv equipment....I like the rotary aircraft compared to jets but take em out and put in hueys and hips =)

Back