• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The Zippo (Again)

A

Anonymous

A man once said something like this:
"Thou who fails shall try, try again, or thou will not succeed"
Eight points on why HELLO should have one Zippo on Operation Cedar Falls:
1. This is the only complete vehicle not on any map.
2. It was originally on the map Operation Cedar Falls.
3. Its a Flamethowing M113 for crying out loud!
4. BFV is dying, and this vichle needs a chance to shine and get kills(on allmaps, not event server).
5. What other server has it?
6. Its one simple mod, one Zippo is all i ask.
7. It is possible to do, considering the M113 on Operation Cedar falls spawns under a different spawner than all other M113s; zippospawner.
8. One simple mod will not cause the server to crash, modding all the towers on flaming dart didnt effect the server much.
Common HELLO, cant you make one simple mod like this? The Zippo deserves to be there.

acashmony

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
this goes along with my flaming dart idea with better bombers. but if we ever get a chance to mod i would take what byrd is saying with the zippo. i like the idea of that. imagine if we had one on the NVA and 4 on the US it would be pretty funny. while BFV is ever so slowly going away, BF2 is ever so slowly going up but not that much. but thats my opinion. solider and everyone else who helped with building it up its a risk. so why dont we take a risk on BFV?

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
This is only a very small change, not like the bomber on dart thing. Most people won't even notice it, but if they do they will be happily suprised to see this new verhicle on the map. I say just do it.

S

Soldier

Deadly_Hippo said:
While we're at it, can we add a huey transport to Landing Zone Albany?

to cash and deadly hippo.
both things are possible, on a 1.0 Server,the FG Server,where i was clan member, there was a huey slick and a huey at us main, and for nvm a huey and a spawn mi 8 helicopter

i think it is a good idea to add a huey slick, but cash, trust me, it would be negative, to put a huey at this map, i have alot experience on playing on this server, because if they are main raping the us base, you will have less chance to escape or shot it down, same for nva
but adding a huey slick would be a great thing

O

Old Hippo

Soldier said:
i think it is a good idea to add a huey slick, but cash, trust me, it would be negative, to put a huey at this map, i have alot experience on playing on this server, because if they are main raping the us base, you will have less chance to escape or shot it down, same for nva
but adding a huey slick would be a great thing

I agree totally. LZA is too compact for a huey gunship; you would most likely end up with endless spawn raping. However, a slick would allow the USA to get out of their base without the USA vehicle allotment being too overpowering. The NVA can always shoot it down with their SA-7 anyway.

@Byrd, We are talking about server mods are we not? I would like to see both the zippo and a slick added, and both can be done. The only question is: who is going to modify the maps and who is going to put them on the server?

A

Anonymous

From what i have heard, the Zippo is bieng added shortly.As far as i know, Tankboy is the one resposible for modding the server. So he is incharge of adding zippos, or slicks.
Still this topic is about zippos, there is another topic dealing with slicks.

N00BASAURUS REX

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
SgtSurfinByrd said:
A man once said something like this:
"Thou who fails shall try, try again, or thou will not succeed"
Eight points on why HELLO should have one Zippo on Operation Cedar Falls:
1. This is the only complete vehicle not on any map.
2. It was originally on the map Operation Cedar Falls.
3. Its a Flamethowing M113 for crying out loud!
4. BFV is dying, and this vichle needs a chance to shine and get kills(on allmaps, not event server).
5. What other server has it?
6. Its one simple mod, one Zippo is all i ask.
7. It is possible to do, considering the M113 on Operation Cedar falls spawns under a different spawner than all other M113s; zippospawner.
8. One simple mod will not cause the server to crash, modding all the towers on flaming dart didnt effect the server much.
Common HELLO, cant you make one simple mod like this? The Zippo deserves to be there.

Answer 2 number 5 : sexy has it on cambodian.
numer 3: the flamethrower isnt that great it gets owned on sexy almost all the time from the number of law scrubs ( m-60 = me)
number 4: it will die but a better game will come out in the future 2 replace it. It doesnt shine well on sexy and not much kills are made.
Number 6: u ask 4 2 much
number 7: i got better things 2 do then waste my time learning 2 programme like playing games
Number 8: it shouldnt as sexy has lots but hello loves 2 crash.

Hello could make a simple mod but i doubt it. 2 reluctant 2 change hello only when its 4 worst like cedar falls tunnel. It does deserve 2 be there

A

Anonymous

Campbodian incursion is kown for carxm users, however in operation cedar falls, though u do have rpg users, u have alot less of them because the us only has the ontos. instead in cedar falls u have much more sa-7 users trying to take down skyraiders and helicopters. Plus the zippos are great at enihating hidden enemies, they are amphibious and are use by the us team. They still should be put in.

Lost

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Thomas Ellensohn
Byrd why are you still making posts? You know there being put in..... Just wait B/c Tank might have other things to do with his life :roll:

N00BASAURUS REX

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
Lost said:
Byrd why are you still making posts? You know there being put in..... Just wait B/c Tank might have other things to do with his life :roll:

What are u talking about, tank having a life ;)

Great 4 killing hidden enemies? Mustn't be hiding well. sa-7 will still kill themas u have 2 get close and u'll get tnt.

A

Anonymous

The zippo can burn people hiding in building, you dont need to be in view. The zippo fires napalmnot a plow torch. TNT really? how many people will tnt a vehicle? u can just use land mines, plus not a ton of people use vietnamese engineer on cedar falls. and Sa-7s cant hit the broadside of a barn, they lock on to aircraft and othwise go crazy when no aircraft are aviable. Lost why dont u just lock the topic.

Back