• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Getting Disconnected From AllMaps

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to try and keep this extremely brief, and I hope that someone has an answer:

After installing Norton AntiVirus 2011 on my win7 machine, I started getting disconnected from the AllMaps server. The disconnects would start anywhere from 3 minutes into playing on AllMaps, up to 20 minutes on AllMaps.

Trust me, I tried all config settings in Norton, to no avail.

I did a partial uninstall of Norton; that is, Norton kept all of my user data on my win7 machine, but claimed it did not support any antivirus issues. When going into the AllMaps server, I got disconnected again.

I then ran BFV on my XP machine, and went into the AllMaps server. I, once again, got disconnected from the server. In fact, I got disconnected within 5 minutes.

At this point, nothing seems logical. There is absolutely no reason for AllMaps to disconnect me on two different machines with two different installs of Norton AntiVirus.

On my XP machine, I then logged into the SEXY server, went outside for a cigarette, and when I came back, I was disconnected from the server. No idea why.

I then logged into the xXx server on my XP machine, and played on their server for about 30 minutes. I was never disconnected.

I logged off from my XP box and started up BFV on my win7 box, trying AllMaps yet again. And, as to be expected, AllMaps disconnected me on my win7 box.

While still on my win7 box, I logged back into the xXx server, and was able to play for another 30 minutes without being disconnected.

So, I'm really lost for an answer.

There is absolutely no reason for me to be disconnect from one BFV server after Norton AV is freshly installed on one machine and not disconnected from BFV another server.

And, to make life even stranger, I should have never been disconnect from the AllMaps server from my XP box! I have not installed/updated anything on that machine since I last played BFV.

The only constants that the BFV servers have on me is my IP address and my CD-Hash.

I know that BlackHawk has told me to ping my gateway, but, there should be no reason for my gateway to allow access to one server without a disconnect; and to create a random disconnect for other servers: xXx; and AllMaps/SEXY, respectively. Unless, of course, Norton AntiVirus did something abnormal to my router.

Anyone? Help!?!

MaximumD2

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Norton sucks. Try something else.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Check to make sure Norton allows the port Bfv uses.

Also, get rid of Norton when your subscription thing runs out. Then download Microsoft Security Essentials.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Kurk said:
Check to make sure Norton allows the port Bfv uses.

Also, get rid of Norton when your subscription thing runs out. Then download Microsoft Security Essentials.

Or before the subsctription runs out. I doubt norton is any better then MSE

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
I don't think smoking is the cause if my connection issues.

With that said, Beta offered some advice that I log into AllMaps at a time that I normally do not play.

So, I did that, and did not get disconnected from the server.

This is what I know so far: I installed Norton AV on my win7 box. After I did that, when logging into AllMaps during my normal time, 3am to 5am, I would get disconnected after 5 minutes to 20 minutes. Logging into AllMaps on my XP box during the same time would result in the same disconnection issue.

Using my win7 box, logging into AllMaps at 4pm, a time I never play, I did NOT get disconnected.

So, if two different machines get disconnected during my normal gaming hours, it's starting to sound like either my ISP hates me, or there is a router somewhere that is re-setting my connection to the AllMaps server. I doubt that it is my home connection that is dying simply because my DSL modem does not indicate that the connection has died.

I don't know what to make of this.

Player_0

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Dover
luise said:
stop smoking
GunRunner said:
I don't think smoking is the cause if my connection issues.
Why so serious Trae?
You didn't even get the doctor joke that day.

P.S.: must be router.

Back