• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Ratting and how getting evidence on hackers

A

Anonymous

Ine thing that pisses me is when theres one player left and some a** **** tells the enemy the players location to get the round overwith. Or at anytime at alll.
I think ratting a friendly players position at anytime should not be tolerated. Its cheap totally unfair to the player, and is the work of a sore looser. I also personally think it deserves an automatic kick, considering it happens seldomly and cant really be broken too often.

Back again to hcking, as all know byrd HATES hackers. I thinmk it would be fair to issue a bann is three different players complained about someone hacking (without viedo evidence), and then an admin gets suspicious too. Its hard to get iron clad proof on hackers, making in byrd opinoin, the worst offence very hard to prosecute.

MaximumD2

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:56 PM
Reaction score
What difference does it make? 70% of the time the last person standing dies. And what if its a Person AFK? We gonna wait half and hour for it to bleed out?

F.U.q.e.r

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
Bryd, you know I like you, but that idea is crazy. I know I don't cheat and most others know I don't cheat, but I get three people trying to say I do all the time. That would make it easy for some losers to accuse people of cheating just because they get butt sore about getting killed all the time. I hate cheaters as much as the next guy, but that will not work. I don't think it's very hard to tell when someone is cheating by watching them. If anything people should get kicked/banned for constantly accusing people of cheating. If they think someone is cheating, then they should discreetly get video evidence or get an admin to watch them, not cause a disruption on the server round after round making accusations. If there was Punkbuster, admins would be able to take PB screenshots, it is what it is. I would gladly stream on xfire my gameplay, so people can see what I see in a game, but I rarely play anymore.

O

Old Hippo

As far as being a "sore loser," how is it any better to be the last player on the map and be purposefully hiding in order to prolong the wait for your whole team? I have called out the positions of remaining players before, and I frequently ask the other team to give me the positions of remaining players when all the flags have been taken. I don't ever do this out of spite, but in the interest of keeping the server active and gameplay moving. Also, I only call out players' locations when they are obviously camping and have no intention of taking a flag. I.E. in Quang Tri when all flags are taken and some guy thinks its funny to go hide in a far off building. Both teams must wait, especially his own team which cannot spawn, and people start to leave the server after a while. As a HELLO member I want people to stay on the server, so calling out campers is necessary.

As far as reporting hackers, you MUST have some form of hard evidence. I hate hacking just as much as anyone (on BC2, where stats are recorded and hackers often go unchallenged and hack openly, it is infuriating) Most people who are willing to come on the forum and lodge a complaint also have the ability to record a movie of their suspect. I myself have been accused by 3 or more people of hacking on a given map before. Some players who stop by the server now and then (Zero, Wigglez, Ward come to mind) get called hackers frequently by people who have no idea what they are talking about, and their gameplay styles can look like "hacking" to the untrained eye. Most of the times I have encountered a hacker, there haven't been two others to concur with me anyway. The last thing we want is for the best players to be falsely accused just because they have the game figured out.

Back