• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

New event: Extraction Point?

A

Anonymous

Durring the vietnam war pilots who were shot dwn would often need to be rescued. The usa eiither rescued them by air boat or foot patrol.
The Event: A Us is shot down and in need of rescue, the job of the US is to excract the pilot safely to the main base. The Nva/ VC's job is to kill the pilot/ prevent him form being rescued.
-The US can use all vehicles(including A-1 and spookys), however the pilot must be extracted by a Slick, Loach, BPR, Jeep, or M113.
-THe NVA Cannot use tanks or aircraft, BTRs may be apliccable. THe nva Cannot use SA-7s but can use MUTTs, Bm 13s, Small arms fire, possibly stationary zsus or btrs or anyother non tank/Sa-7/Aircraft to Destroy the US rescue attempts
-THe pilot can only use sniperrifle kits.
-The NVA get at max 3 spawn points
-The NVA cannot enter or attack the US Main
-There will be, if possible, no bases only spawn towers
-The US has 10/15 minutes to rescue the pilot
-the pilot can choose from 2/spawn points, at least 1000m from the main, or depending on the dimensions of the map 750m
-Boundries are to be turned off(*maps must have no border resrictions, MCHT should have an Xtra airbase in H8
-Maps applicable, Cedar Falls(#1), Fall of saigon, Flaming Dart, Hstings, Game Warden, Con Thein, Khe Sahn, Ia Drang*, HCMT*

S

Soldier

good idea
but let it make more realistic and let the nva no aircraft (cuz they didnt have much of them in vietnam war and the jets has radars )
i
do us is allow to use hueyslicks?

sry for grammer mistakes,but I typed this text with my ps3 and it is really hard to write with the controller

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
This is a great idea, I think Ia drang would be best, but I have a question: will the NVA know the location of the US soldier or do they have to find him?

Travco

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Travis Palmer
CommandoBeta said:
This is a great idea, I think Ia drang would be best, but I have a question: will the NVA know the location of the US soldier or do they have to find him?
They have to find him. They would be only given a general area.. Or would have to watch where the plane crashed/parachute deployed. Otherwise it would be point-lessly easy.

MaximumD2

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
Well if usa is going to have to extract the pilot, it should be easy, look on the map where he is, fly over, pick him up, fly back

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
MaximumD2 said:
Well if usa is going to have to extract the pilot, it should be easy, look on the map where he is, fly over, pick him up, fly back
I think there will be many SA7, and there could be a rule that the helicopter cant land within 100 meters of the pilot or something.

Lost

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Thomas Ellensohn
MaximumD2 said:
if theres lots of trees its not easy

O

Old Hippo

Lost said:
if theres lots of trees its not easy
Well then, that limits the maps to Hastings or HCMT somewhat. It still seems to me that it would be way too easy for the USA since they know the exact location of their pilot, and can see him on the 3D map. I think Hastings might be good if someone could mod the spawn points to the far corners of the map and make it more spread out.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm thinking , woulndt this be great in Combadian Incursion? The jungle is really thick so you can barely see enemies and landing is very hard : D You will really have to go to an open space to pick the pilot up, making it easier for NVAto shoot with RPG or sa7 :) Although the map is a bit small, I know.

A

Anonymous

Cedar falls has some places where helis can land to extract pilot. I havent decided weather the pilot just spawns or weather he takes an F4 Phantom II/A-7 Corsair II and bails out, however if he does jut spawn, the nva could follow the helis (wich would lead them to the pilot). THe USA should have to use helis, or if we were to do hastings/game warden PBRs would be allowed to.

Should...
The nva either be able to use SA-7s, or ZSUs and MUTTS, but not both. Remember, the Strela 2 (More commonly known as the SA-7) was not truley fielded by the NVA/VC until 1972.

THe pilot have to bail out of an aircraft or spawn on the ground presumably next to an aircraft wreckage.

-Even with out the sa7 the VC & NVA can still field the RPD, Ak and small arms f, as well as BTR's and 469's machine gun

Boundry limits should be turned off!!!! to increase the area for pickups on HCMT and IDV, as well as all other maps!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

In vietnam the NVA would try to capture the pilot. So The pilot must be killed by small arms fire. I reccomend the pilot again bail out of a transport that is about to be shot down.
The IDV map?

A

Anonymous

I noticed my pictures arent loding, and that i can post new pictures.... i was gonna upload my cedar falls map layout, but the attach a fil e hing is gone?!?

Back