• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Banned From Server

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
I was playing on the All Maps server, and when it switched from Cambodian Incursion to Quang Tri 1972, I was given a message that said something along the lines of "data differs from server."

I tried to re-join, and I was informed that I was banned from the server. I exited BFV, restarted BFV, and tried to join the All Maps server, and was once again told I was banned.

So, there are two issues:

The first is that I have that message, "data differs from server," of which I was told that it means my game is corrupted somehow. If this is actually the case, aside from deleting the game and reinstalling it, is there anything else I can do to correct this problem?

The second issue is that I would like to be unbanned from the All Maps server.

Thank you.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
You're not banned from the server, and I don't know if there's a way to solve this other then reinstalling the game.

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well, as much as I assumed that there would be an issue with uninstalling and reinstalling BFV, it looks like I was correct with my assumption.

From my limited diagnostic, BFV seems to be uninstalled and there are no registry values, and yet when I try to install the game from CD, I am not able to click the "instal" tab; that is, it is not highlighted for me to select.

I guess I won't be able to enjoy the game anymore until I figure how to re-install the game on this PC or I buy a new PC to install it on.

If anyone has any advice, please post a message.

PS. My wife will probably open up a bottle of champagne when I tell her this.

ArcticWinter

Regular Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Andre
I think you need to buy a new game. It could be your CD. I think it's dead.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Player_0 said:
GunRunner said:
I guess I won't be able to enjoy the game anymore until I figure how to re-install the game on this PC or I buy a new PC to install it on.
Why won't you just try to re-install OS?
The problem isnt that serious at all. There is no need for reinstalling windows ( I think that is nearly never needed)

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
There are two registry files for the Battlefield games, one holds the information like the language, install path, etc. The other holds the CD Key. Make sure you delete both the Battlefield Vietnam folder and the ergc folder for Bfv.

As for the data differs, the game temporally bans you due to possible tampering with certain client files that they couldn't prevent from being used online (like console hacks -> Wireframe mods). It should only last for an hour or so, or the worst case, a day.

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Alright, I got it working.

A lot of thanks goes to CommandoBeta for his help from about 2:30AM to 4:30AM my time.

It was about 3AM when I started the uninstall / reinstall, so I was pretty exhausted.

Anyway, I thought I had deleted all the reg entries, but I can't be certain. What would happen is that I would try to install the game, and it wouldn't let me, it would only let me run an uninstall, so I did that, and then it would start installing BVFCC and the map editor. So I went back and deleted those items out again.

Once I deleted everything, that I could find, it would let me install, so I ran the install of BFV only, and the install would basically stop working.

Deleted everything again, wouldn't let me install the game, wanted me to uninstall, selected that option, and once again it wanted to install BFVCC and map editor. Deleted those things out again. Was finally "allowed" to install the game, this time I selected BFV and PunkBuster. The install stopped working again.

At this point it was about 4:30AM, so I went to bed.

Woke up and read Kurk's post, and checked my registry again, deleted everything, ran the install with BFV, PunkBuster, and WW2mod, and now it installed correctly.

Thanks for the reminder on reg entries Kurk.

No champagne for my wife.

Back