• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Major Discovery about BfVietnam!

Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
I have some very special news to share about Battlefield Vietnam today, news that I'm so excited about I just can't keep it to myself.

The first thing is that using some very old work for Bf1942 by "Apache Thunder" on BfMods.com from all the way back in 2014 as a reference point, I have unlocked the ability to play with 256 bots in singleplayer mode. As far as I know, this is the first time anyone has made such a change to BfVietnam, in that the increase in the number of bots can be applied in the "Instant Battle" mode, not the multiplayer co-op mode all other patches have been limited to. This is intended exclusively for Operation Remembrance and possibly an update to my other mod, One Point Three, but if the demand from the player-base, as in YOU, is there, I'll happily make a minimod that will leave the original, vanilla game in its base form and only increase the number of bots available.

256 Bots.png

The second piece of news is that with some manipulation of menu settings, I have also unlocked two game modes that were intended to be ship with the original game back in 2004 but were cut late in development: Challenge and Tour of Duty. Both of these modes were cut because they were unfinished and had some serious bugs, but I hope to be able to finish myself what the DICE team began. Only time and some very intensive testing and work will ever be able to tell if this is possible, but I hope to try one day. For now, please enjoy these screenshots and take a moment with me in recognition of the fact that this is quite possibly the first time in twenty years, yes, two entire decades, these menu options have ever been seen in the form the developers originally intended.

Challenge.png

Tour of Duty.png

Back