• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

one of our beautiful but deadly Eastern brown snakes in my pergola

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
I'll just think you're in Russia :)
I was literally thinking about noting that I don't live in neither Russia nor Ukraine, and you proved that I should've.😂

Russians/Ukrainians can't speak English well, most of the times they use translators actually, so it should be obvious I'm not one. ;)

But I'll leave the rest to your imagination, for now. 👽

Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
I was literally thinking about noting that I don't live in neither Russia nor Ukraine, and you proved that I should've.😂

Russians/Ukrainians can't speak English well, most of the times they use translators actually, so it should be obvious I'm not one. ;)

Yeah you're a rusky :) at least as far as i'm concerned. здравствуй, мой маленький пернатый друг😂🤣😂

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah you're a rusky :) at least as far as i'm concerned. здравствуй, мой маленький пернатый друг😂🤣😂
I literally just explained but I guess you didn't even bother reading what I wrote. :(

No need to bother with translating sentences, I won't be able to read them 😂

Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp

Scandinavian?

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
Silvia when you grow up in Australia you are used to these snakes they are part of life here. I have a deal with snakes and dangerous spiders. I don't live outside they don't live inside..
jajajaja haber el trato pero me parece insuficiente ,,dices arañas peligrosas... PERO NO DICES NADA DE LAS NORMALES .

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
But there are hornets, and that's the one creature I fear the most. Out of all living creatures, I hate wasps and hornets the most.
las avispas no me dan miedo pero si me ponen nerviosa ..pero las serpientes arañas aggg ni en foto

Local time
Reaction score
jajajaja haber el trato pero me parece insuficiente ,,dices arañas peligrosas... PERO NO DICES NADA DE LAS NORMALES .
Normal spiders like the Huntsman are welcome guests they eat any bugs :)
Las arañas normales como el Huntsman son invitados bienvenidos y comen cualquier insecto :)

Local time
Reaction score
@Blueheeler Why does your Huntsman spider look friendlier than ours? Please tell me you named that one fluffy? 🤣

We have a plastic runner in our passage, if one of these walk fast enough, you can hear the pitter patter of their feet. Ours likes to hang above door frames, behind curtains and are either gentle or aggressive enough to run after you.
His name is HARRY maybe ours are friendlier as we welcome them as guests :) Its amazing to watch them shed their exoskeleton as they grow.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Edited? What did I edit I don't understand.

And I'm from an undisclosed location in Europe 👀 But we gotta be careful cuz we're always being watched.
I'm actually shocked. I had no idea you weren't from the US. Your English is so good I never would have guessed if you hadn't said it. But now that I know, I just realized something that does make it extremely obvious, and also makes me think I could figure it out within about five guesses. But I certainly won't out you.

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm actually shocked. I had no idea you weren't from the US. Your English is so good I never would have guessed if you hadn't said it. But now that I know, I just realized something that does make it extremely obvious, and also makes me think I could figure it out within about five guesses. But I certainly won't out you.
I knew you were suspecting me to be an American, but once I told you I didn't hear about the Bud Light feud, it became obvious didn't it😄

I've had other people also assume I'm from the US in the past, I guess people assume if someone isn't from a native English speaking country, they can't speak English well, but that's not true. Russians and Asians in general do struggle with English, Africans speak it very well online but in person you might have a hard time understanding them because of their local dialect, but Europeans in general do speak it good enough to fool you. 👀

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
I knew you were suspecting me to be an American, but once I told you I didn't hear about the Bud Light feud, it became obvious didn't it😄

I've had other people also assume I'm from the US in the past, I guess people assume if someone isn't from a native English speaking country, they can't speak English well, but that's not true. Russians and Asians in general do struggle with English, Africans speak it very well online but in person you might have a hard time understanding them because of their local dialect, but Europeans in general do speak it good enough to fool you. 👀
Actually, no, I didn't assume you were from the US just because of the stereotype, I thought you were because you seem to have a pretty good grasp on colloquial English, and your dialogue flows smoothly and naturally and isn't at all stilted (except for some minor oddities that I've seen from native speakers anyway), all of which in my experience is less common with non-native speakers. Even when my one cousin had a German exchange student stay with her for a while, I noticed that although she actually spoke better English than most Americans, colloquialisms or unusual phrasing would still trip her up.

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Actually, no, I didn't assume you were from the US just because of the stereotype, I thought you were because you seem to have a pretty good grasp on colloquial English, and your dialogue flows smoothly and naturally and isn't at all stilted (except for some minor oddities that I've seen from native speakers anyway), all of which in my experience is less common with non-native speakers. Even when my one cousin had a German exchange student stay with her for a while, I noticed that although she actually spoke better English than most Americans, colloquialisms or unusual phrasing would still trip her up.
Maybe it's because other people try to speak their native language through English, while I'm just trying to speak English when I am 😂 It's either my approach to it, or others just try to "make up" for a phrase they don't know, which I do sometimes myself.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
All that fuss over a little Brown snake :D