• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Introducing Live Chat Bots!

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

This has been in the pipeline for a bit...​

Not a long announcement but worthy of a double post in-case users are subscribed to these forums. :p

For a while now we've been wanting to bring the in-game chat from our BFV / DC servers to our users here on Discord and we can finally do this!

Thanks to htn & HeiligWahrheit this has become a reality that I'm proud to finally announce...after quite a lot of testing. :D

Introducing
#bfv-live-chat & #dc-live-chat (on Discord)
These channels will not only show the chat as it happens in-game, but it will also show a scoreboard when the round ends with the players that were in the match along with their kills / deaths and score!

Please note that this is not two-way communication...yet. Still trying to figure that one out. These channels also only show ALL-CHAT so they cannot be used maliciously to view team-chat.

With these channels also comes a new command one can use in-game!

Code:
admin!

Using this command in-game will ping admins on discord and if available they'll join in-game! Spam of this command will result in blacklisting...so please do not abuse it.

Along with these, widgets have been added to the -[HELLO]-Desert Combat page and -[HELLO]-Bfv | Allmaps page that have live chat widgets underneath the gametracker ones. These widgets mirror what is sent on Discord.

I've also added LFG (looking for group) channels in BFV & BF1942 on Discord so users can create their own groups and if interested, other members can join in!

Happy gaming!

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
2 small additions.

1. The scoreboard will contain only the top 5 players of each team because of limitations of discord message length.

2. You can write text behind your admin! command to specify the problem like "admin! xyz mainraping all the time" - It will be transfered to our admin channel, too.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
I cannot use the chat tool unless I change my cookie settings.... humm

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Does it not appear like this without any changes?

1668622044159.png

Please also note that the widget used is third-party. Which may require cookie changes if one is using it to login via Discord. But this is not needed because the channels it has access to are read-only. Thus even if you are logged in via that widget, you won't be able to chat anywhere.

It is all still a work in progress. If it is buggy, I suggest rather using the Discord app and checking out the #bfv-live-chat channel directly instead of via the widget on the website.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
I changed my settings to allow third party cookies. I was then asked to log in to dischord, so I did and then I received the message that I did not have permission to post there?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I changed my settings to allow third party cookies. I was then asked to log in to dischord, so I did and then I received the message that I did not have permission to post there?
Yes...

As I did mention above, those channels are read only. So you do not need to login to Discord unless you are using the app. Even then so, they are read only. Unfortunately are not yet at the part where two way communication can occur between the channel and the server. Something we're working on...

So right now they can only be viewed as in-game chat is happening. :)

Back