• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Hello Clan Project Reality

MacGyver Araujo

Forum Newbie
DISCORD MODERATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
Hey there, MacGyver here! Well, after some conversations about a incredible game (Project Reality) in our Discord Server, @IceSkater told me to bring this topic to our forum. Well, here we are:

Project Reality was initially a mod created for BF2, with a more realistic gameplay. Today, it's not a mod anymore, it became a independent game, with 15 years of updates and a huge and active base player from a bunch of different countries, and it's still growing!

Some people in Discord reported interest in PR, so the idea from bring PR to Hello Clan was born. I personally don't know very much about PR, I mean, I started to play this year, but I have (I think) enough knowledge to help developing a PR community here. For those who are interested and for those who don't know about Project Reality, here are some basic informations:

Introduction (click for more information)

"The primary core ethos of Project Reality is teamwork. Coordination within your squad, between squads and throughout your team is paramount. The role of squad leader and the commander is essential to success in PR and the direction of the game is dictated by those in leadership positions and carried out by the players. PR contains a multitude of gameplay mechanics which differentiate roles within a squad and the team. It also gives squad leaders and team commanders the ability to deploy emplacement assets such as foxholes, machine gun nests and mortar pits to fortify the defence of spawn locations known as FOBs. In addition, the role of players within a squad has been greatly diversified, and is reflected in an expanded selection of standard and limited specialty kits for various infantry load outs alongside unique kits for operating mechanized and aviation vehicles."

"Another core fundamental aspect of PR is how players communicate. Communication in PR is an essential element of gameplay and we recommend that all players are microphone ready when they begin playing online. To ensure enhanced communication, an integrated version of PR Mumble voice communication software gives players abilities not available with built in BF2 voice-over-IP, such as the ability to talk to other players within the local vicinity, regardless of which squad they are in, as well as transmit to squad members over the squad radio no matter where they are on the battlefield. No additional installation is required, which means every player on the battlefield will have the same communications setup and can communicate effortlessly."

Gamemodes (click for more information)

"Project Reality features 6 different game modes with different objectives. The common goal of all game modes is to reduce the enemy team's reinforcement points (also referred to as tickets) to zero. In most game modes this is achieved by wounding and killing enemies, destroying their vehicles and by capturing their control points. Colored map markers indicate your current objectives in each game mode."

The Basics (click for more information)

The official website explains everything about what you can do. I almost can say that "The Basics" is the most important topic... Almost...

Weapons and Equipment (click for more information)

This topic is also very-well-explained in the PR website.

Kits (click for more information)

Operating Vehicles (click for more information)

OBS: The game is free, made by players, for players. The download and installation process can be found here: https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en/set-up.html

Our Community

So, if this proposal succeed, we'll be able to start making training sessions and playing in great battles with the whole community. About the training, we'll organize a day to pratice and learn all the basic stuff and then work with it in multiplayer rounds. Because we have few people engaged, it'll be better if we begin as a Support Crew, a squad organized to give support to our team, working with Defense Assets, such as Mortars, Logistic, Trans and FOB Constructors. If we manage to reach a considerable number of players in our PR community, we can go to another areas of the support and even join infantry.

Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
@MacGyver Araujo

This will take a considerable effort. :p Are you willing to put in some time to test all this out by recruiting members to build it up?

Most certainly if enough effort is shown, I can apply to host a server for it. :)

Butcher

Forum Newbie
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Project Reality was initially a mod created for BF2, with a more realistic gameplay. Today, it's not a mod anymore, it became a independent game, with 15 years of updates and a huge and active base player from a bunch of different countries, and it's still growing!

I'm interested, but their download-page and manual-page are a bit unclear. On the former they list PR:BF2 v1.7.0.0 Full, and on the latter they refer to this page. Does the download allow you to install the mod/game directly, without installing Battlefield 2, or does it install it as a mod within an installation of Battlefield 2?

Also, could you give us the elevator pitch? Ie., the 30-second sell on what makes PR great to play.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I'm interested, but their download-page and manual-page are a bit unclear. On the former they list PR:BF2 v1.7.0.0 Full, and on the latter they refer to this page. Does the download allow you to install the mod/game directly, without installing Battlefield 2, or does it install it as a mod within an installation of Battlefield 2?

Also, could you give us the elevator pitch? Ie., the 30-second sell on what makes PR great to play.

With PR:BF2 it is no longer required to have Battlefield 2 installed. PR:BF2 works as a standalone game. If you have a version of PR:BF2 installed before v1.3 you will need to uninstall this before you install the current version PR:BF2.

Full stand-alone game now. ;)

MacGyver Araujo

Forum Newbie
DISCORD MODERATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Every battlefield game, you get a weapon, and you kill. Simple isn't it? But... there is something missing... You don't need cooperation from your teammates, you just need the fact they're good playing by themselves. Sounds controversial, no? In PR, cooperation wins and every battle is different. Different not only because the flags can change their positions in the same map, but because you'll depend on your companions. PR is not only a fps (first person shooter), it's a cps (cooperative shooter). I think this is the point ;)

MacGyver Araujo

Forum Newbie
DISCORD MODERATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
@MacGyver Araujo

This will take a considerable effort. :p Are you willing to put in some time to test all this out by recruiting members to build it up?

Most certainly if enough effort is shown, I can apply to host a server for it. :)
Soon I'll chat with you to arrange some details :)

Afsoldier

Forum Newbie
BF1942 DESERT COMBAT ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
REGISTERED
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
My thoughts on this are great, I have played this mod before and have had a good time doing so, it can act as a place for Helloclan members to get to know each other more as this game requires a lot of teamwork and includes Voicechat which is very effective and should be put into use, not just effective but it makes the experience much better, I think this is a great idea if possible to get a server, some admins and good leadership (which Helloclan already does have no doubt ;)).Though a problem would be the member count as PR does have some ruling servers now that most 90% of the players play on but from what I could tell they are not happy with it. So if we are competitive enough I think this can be done.

Back