• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[ONGOING] Randomized Map Rotation

Cast your votes on how you like the randomized map rotations and how often they should be randomized

• Total voters
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Please note;​

This is just for voting purposes. In the poll attached you may change your votes as much as you'd like depending on how you've liked or disliked the randomized map rotations.

Please also remember to vote on how often we randomize (scramble) the maps!

This is an ongoing trial that may last a month or two. It is merely to ensure that our players are content with the changes made.

If you would like to discuss this, please use this thread:

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Adding this here;

It seems the randomized maps are mostly enjoyed and player counts do seem to be a lot better since we began doing this. So we will continue doing this, randomizing the map rotation at the start of every week.

Please note that the new map orders won't always be announced it will just be done. :) To view the map order in-game, please push the "Ins/insert" key on your keyboard and you'll see the map list in the order they are going to be played in for that week.

Further, in-game announcement chat still only contains the info about this and our events. I think I'm going to keep it like that and not clutter it up like it used to be.

If you'd like to discuss the randomized map rotation etc, please use this topic: https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/10052/

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I thought I'd bullet point and highlight this;

The key reasons for randomizing the maps (currently at the start of every week as per the poll proceedings:
  1. Variety: Randomizing the map rotation ensures that players are not playing the same maps over and over again, leading to a more enjoyable and diverse gaming experience.
  2. Increased replayability: By providing a different map selection each time the game is played, players are more likely to want to come back and play again.
  3. Fairness: Randomizing the map rotation ensures that no one map is favored over another, making the playing field more level and fair for all players.
  4. Avoiding stagnation: When a set rotation is used for too long, players can become familiar with the maps and strategies, leading to stagnation in gameplay. Randomizing the rotation helps to keep the game fresh and interesting.
In conclusion, randomizing the playable map rotation in a game server can lead to a more enjoyable and fair gaming experience for players, as well as increased replayability and avoidance of stagnation in gameplay.

At least this is the idea behind this. We used to often see complaints about "too little ground maps" or in some cases "too much ground maps" and we'd change and change and change. Ultimately, this idea was spawned and those complaints had greatly subsided. I hate to keep saying it, but we truly cannot cater for every single individual as much as we try.

However, I've seen a slow rise in them again. So I do implore everyone who visits the forum to please cast your vote in the poll attached to this post. You are free to change it at will and we will review it at the end of every month.

If you wish to discuss this please use this topic: https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/10052/

Back