• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Aim Assist monitors

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
I recently became aware of microsoft Aim Assist softwear for monitors for FPS games. I am just learning this and some monitors may even have Aim Assist softwear on board. I do not know what it does exactly but an admin would never be able to detect this type of cheat. I wonder if some of the really high scorers are desimating other players not by skill but by cheating?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/aim-assist/9p37mwm1ws6k?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

One Such link

Regards

Rice

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Here is a link that is a couple years old. Right at the 6 minuet mark he starts talking about the monitors "Game Assist" features and straight up calls it undectable cheating. I often times get Poned and big deal so what that is part of the game. Then there are times deaths from far away seem eiter the best shot by any avitar ever or something funny is going on. Well here is something funny explained a little at the 6 minuet mark.

View: https://youtu.be/Quf9_94W5QQ

Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hello Rice,

I can understand this...but all it does is add an overlay onto your screen.

Basically it's like these "hacks" you see on the internet where someone literally draws a reticle onto their screen. It's prominent and helpful in terms of CS:GO for sure or any game that does not have a reticle.

It is an advantage but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's cheating. Anyone can still paint a reticle onto their screen, this simply removes the need for it. In our case with BFV / 1942, there are only a few weapon combos that don't have reticles (such as snipers). I believe this is what you're referring to. ;) No-scoping can be done without this simply by skill.

I do it quite often in BFV and other games that don't feature reticles at all. Aim assist in this term (with a corsair / reticle overlay) isn't exactly going to win awards. It does show you where your weapon is pointing which is questionable...

What I'd consider more of a cheat is actual aim assist with controllers...

Just food for thought when anyone is fighting it out on a cross-play game or any game online that supports controllers. This does exist. :D

Bee

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I recently became aware of microsoft Aim Assist softwear for monitors for FPS games. I am just learning this and some monitors may even have Aim Assist softwear on board. I do not know what it does exactly but an admin would never be able to detect this type of cheat. I wonder if some of the really high scorers are desimating other players not by skill but by cheating?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/aim-assist/9p37mwm1ws6k?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

One Such link

Regards

Rice
shit you caught me rip

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
HardRice, I've been doing this for years with a piece of tape that I can move around. Rip off the corner of a piece of tape and you have a small triangle. If you have concerns, I'd either rip off your own piece of tape or get one of those fancy monitors.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I actuall was trained as a Weapons Delivery and Navigational avionic tech in the USAF. I endend up workinng on AC-130(A)H gunships.

Very early oon in aviation before the headsup display and its predicessors pilots would litteraly take a grease pencil or a piece of gum and mark a spot on their canopy and us that mark as an aim point.

I just am not aware how advanced civilian tracking softwear is and did not read enough about it yet to properly evaluate the features for gaming monitors.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I did buy a new gaming monitor but it is short on bells and whistles. It is a 32 inch LG moonitor from Costco made exclusivly for. It has a 165 Hz refresh rate which may help me from being poned as bad as I usually am. I was previously using a Samsung 32 inch TV which had some serious latency issues while gaming. I updated some Nvidia softwear guess I will see what happens.

For watching TV stuff the preformance is a bit lacking. There is HDR and G Sync but those formats I am not familar with yet.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @hard_rice - great story about the grease pencil. Enjoy the new monitor. I used to use a Samsung TV for a screen on occasion for Zwift (virtual cycling) and it was nothing but trouble.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Hi @hard_rice - great story about the grease pencil. Enjoy the new monitor. I used to use a Samsung TV for a screen on occasion for Zwift (virtual cycling) and it was nothing but trouble.
About the grease pencil: one prominent use of that technique (and possibly even where it was developed) was on a single C-131 armed with a Minigun in Vietnam. That aircraft was essentially a proof-of-concept for what became the AC-47.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
About the grease pencil: one prominent use of that technique (and possibly even where it was developed) was on a single C-131 armed with a Minigun in Vietnam. That aircraft was essentially a proof-of-concept for what became the AC-47.
There is a place in Oshkosh Wisconsin that re engines C 47's with PT 6 turbo props. I have seen some configured like the old Spookies which is kinda neat but it begs the question who needs them?

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
This cargo airline in northern Canada uses the DC-3 daily and even sometimes they equip with ski's and land on frozen lakes and such: https://buffaloairways.com/fleet/
I think these guys brought me a left aileron for a CRJ 200 back in the day. Comair charted a flight to have the part freighted to me. Kinda crazy when you need a part and the customer finds one either in inventory or at points beyond and in a few hours an aircraft with needed parts lands and you take it right on the ramp. Depending on the part you are changing the adventure was usually fun and exciting.

Back