• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

What is your greatest kill? One that will never be repeated?

rage vs machine

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
For me it was during Irving.
I was on the arty hill using the M46 (heavy field artillery gun).
The enemy F4 was flying low and I nailed him with a fluke shot.

Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
For me it was when a Huey was retreating back to it's main after an air-battle, probably to repair and restock ammo. It had disappeared beyond visual range in the fog. I visualized it's flight trajectory and fired rockets in it's estimated location, and it was a hit! The Huey was far away where I couldn't even see it anymore. This has happened several times and I am sure many other players have got similar hits.

MacGyver Araujo

Forum Newbie
DISCORD MODERATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
I put C4 at The Hotel Flag in Hue 1968 in the beggining of the round. After some time, ARVN lost all flags, and we were searching for the last ARNV soldiers, but then, the The Hotel Flag turned neutral, and exactly after, the C4 exploded automatically, killing the last ARNV soldier, because the round ended 4 seconds later.

Last edited:

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
For me was on Flaming Dart I fired from the island base to the beach front with a Sheridan and hit the enemy MI8 that was hovering over the beach flag. Roughly 3 years ago it was on a Sunday afternoon.

rage vs machine

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
For me it was when a Huey was retreating back to it's main after an air-battle, probably to repair and restock ammo. It had disappeared beyond visual range in the fog. I visualized it's flight trajectory and fired rockets in it's estimated location, and it was a hit! The Huey was far away where I couldn't even see it anymore. This has happened several times and I am sure many other players have got similar hits.
Playing for so many years, I think your subconcious brain and muscle memory take over.
Much like professional athletes who have played over 10,000 hours in their lives (that is a scientific number they came up with).
They hooked up Neymar of Brasil soccer and watched his brain waves during a game and concluded that he only made conscious decsions for a very small part of the game. The rest was muscle memory.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Technically not my kill, but I was the one who got killed. This was singleplayer, on an Operation Remembrance map. I was flying in an F-4 Phantom and got shot down by a stray T-54 shell. Bots aren't programmed to shoot at aircraft with tank main guns in OR. This couldn't possibly have been more accidental.

A

Algam

esta no fue una muerte ni mia ni de nadie pero igual merece la pena contar. Parece falso pero desvie un misil que estaba cerca ( era un AIM 7 SWINDER del Phanton y yo iba en un MIGKOYAN 17 tenia clara desventaja) pero hice que mi oponente vaya hacia arriba ( yo tambien fui arriba) y mi opnente me envio un misil para que me lo coma ( jajajajajajajajaj)
entonces pulse la tecla E y el misil desaparecio a unos pocos centimetros de mi avion entonces yo dije:_-Ay dios mio, unos segundos mas y me iba a visitar a Jesus_ eso es todo.

Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
After hard thought and much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that the single best kill for me, that may never be repeated came on Saigon 68. This must have taken place 10 years ago, give or take.
I had stolen the Mi8 from the NVA and dropped down on top of the 3rd story building overlooking The Bridge House. NVA had control of this base for the time being, so I was ducked tight and racking up some nice kills when all the sudden i got stung bad. I instantly went to slide outta there and no sooner did the Mi8 get smoked by a mortar round. The explosion sent me over the edge but into the corner of the building so i was actually sliding down the building with my back to it. As I was falling there was an NVA soldier taking shots at me. Just so happened that my X hairs crossed him at the right moment as I was falling\sliding, and I tapped the button once maybe twice and got a smooth headshot for a Crazy kill.
This shot will never ever be repeated unfortunately, it was FlowerPower on the receiving end of my rounds.

Back