• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

New member (DrMoog) wants to play

DrMoog

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
Greetings, HelloClan!

Thanks for letting me join!

I played Battlefield Vietnam, mostly Multiplayer, almost 20 years ago, when the game was new.
I also played BF1942 online, but preferred BFV.
My online handle is DrMoog, and I will look forward to seeing if I recognize some of your names on the Forum.

I recently found a video explaining how to patch Battlefield Vietnam for Windows 10.
So since it's one of my favorite FPS games, I dusted off the original package, installed it, and did the patch 1.21.

The game works fine for single player missions, and it's pure nostalgia to play it again.

I tried adding the HelloClan server (where I often see 12-14 players online), but when I hit the JOIN button, it starts loading, but halfway in I get this screen:

BFV_MP_corruptdata.jpg

If anyone knows how I can resolve that issue, please reply to this post. I hope it is not too "off topic" for an intro message.

/DrMoog

Local time
Reaction score
Hey!

Welcome back, cool to have you with us!

Well, the "corrupt data" error occurs, if your data differs from our server-data. So... the game was not installed properly.

You could try this installer after uninstalling your game, it contains everything you need: https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/74/

If that also does not work, we'll have a plan B :)

Best regards,
HeiligWahrheit

DrMoog

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hey!

Well, the "corrupt data" error occurs, if your data differs from our server-data. So... the game was not installed properly.

You could try this installer after uninstalling your game, it contains everything you need: https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/74/

Best regards,
HeiligWahrheit

Hi HeiligWahrheit,

Thanks very much, I will try the uninstall and reinstall soon. 😊

I might practice a bit before joining the server, I bet you guys are veterans, and I would like to be just half as fast on the trigger. 😉
My reaction time isn't the same as 18 years ago *lol*

Be seeing you!

/DrMoog

DrMoog

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hey!

Best regards,
HeiligWahrheit

Hi again HeiligWahrheit,

Danke sehr!👍

I uninstalled, downloaded the link you gave, and installed the new version.
I can now join the HelloClan server, so I will try again tonight when players are online.

I even think the graphics and frames-per-second are slightly improved in the new version, and the radio commands and option to play music in vehicles is restored. ♫ Awesome! 🤩

♫ "...I ain't no senator's son" ♫ 😉

Back