• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

one of our beautiful but deadly Eastern brown snakes in my pergola

Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
IMG_20240216_170505.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
These snakes aren't to be messed with. They are bad tempered and lightning fast. The Eastern Brown Snake is rated as the second most toxic venomous snake in the world.I guess I'll stop watering the plants bare footed until I know he has moved on :) No I don't kill snakes as they are all protected and I like snakes .This one is about 4.5 to 5 foot long and very healthy.

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
These snakes aren't to be messed with. They are bad tempered and lightning fast. The Eastern Brown Snake is rated as the second most toxic venomous snake in the world.I guess I'll stop watering the plants bare footed until I know he has moved on :) No I don't kill snakes as they are all protected and I like snakes .This one is about 4.5 to 5 foot long and very healthy.
🐍Lil' fella out to say hi!

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
10:49 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a dangerous one. Australia has many of the most venomous Spiders, snakes & Mamals. It's like Jurassic Park there...

My friend has 2 constrictors, a Ball & an Emerald Tree python. I have seen the Emerald bite him twice, pretty painful. This happened when we were feeding him and the rat was put 6 inches in front of his nose with 2ft hemostats and he still struck my buddy in the forearm.

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a dangerous one. Australia has many of the most venomous Spiders, snakes & Mamals. It's like Jurassic Park there...

My friend has 2 constrictors, a Ball & an Emerald Tree python. I have seen the Emerald bite him twice, pretty painful. This happened when we were feeding him and the rat was put 6 inches in front of his nose with 2ft hemostats and he still struck my buddy in the forearm.

Yeah Mr O we are blessed with the worlds top ten most venomous snakes and the world most venomous spider being the Funnel web spider,even the cute Platypus has a venomous spur. At least we dont have Mountain loins and Bears and Moose or Elk. There,s two sayings in Oz,1 if you are bush walking with friends always go first, as you disturb the snake and it bites who is behind you, 2 is never go swimming alone because there is a 50/50 chance a shark will take your buddy :)

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah Mr O we are blessed with the worlds top ten most venomous snakes and the world most venomous spider being the Funnel web spider,even the cute Platypus has a venomous spur. At least we dont have Mountain loins and Bears and Moose or Elk. There,s two sayings in Oz,1 if you are bush walking with friends always go first, as you disturb the snake and it bites who is behind you, 2 is never go swimming alone because there is a 50/50 chance a shark will take your buddy :)

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
te digo una cosa,,yo no me meto con ellas pero te digo que si entra en mi casa..... le prendo fuego a la casa pero vamos ya . No queda de la serpiente ni para hacer un bolso .
No me creo que duermas tranquilo sabiendo que esta eso por el jardin .
🐍Lil' fella out to say hi!
Si jaja como dracula pero de dia 🧛‍♂️🐍
There,s two sayings in Oz,1 if you are bush walking with friends always go first, as you disturb the snake and it bites who is behind you, 2 is never go swimming alone because there is a 50/50 chance a shark will take your buddy :)
Me voy a llevar a mi jefe a tu pais ... ruta 1 paseo por el campo ...ruta 2 playa..... si sigue vivo prendo fuego el avion en marcha

Local time
Reaction score
te digo una cosa,,yo no me meto con ellas pero te digo que si entra en mi casa..... le prendo fuego a la casa pero vamos ya . No queda de la serpiente ni para hacer un bolso .
No me creo que duermas tranquilo sabiendo que esta eso por el jardin
Silvia when you grow up in Australia you are used to these snakes they are part of life here. I have a deal with snakes and dangerous spiders. I don't live outside they don't live inside..

Silvia cuando creces en Australia estás acostumbrada a estas serpientes, son parte de la vida aquí. Tengo un trato con serpientes y arañas peligrosas. Yo no vivo afuera ellos no viven adentro
:)

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
No me creo que duermas tranquilo sabiendo que esta eso por el jardin .

Si jaja como dracula pero de dia 🧛‍♂️🐍

Me voy a llevar a mi jefe a tu pais ... ruta 1 paseo por el campo ...ruta 2 playa..... si sigue vivo prendo fuego el avion en marcha
If I knew there's a snake in my garden, I too wouldn't be able to sleep. Luckily my country only has 2 species of poisonous snakes, and they only live high in the mountains, and are rare on top of that. Other than them, there aren't any other poisonous animals around.

But there are hornets, and that's the one creature I fear the most. Out of all living creatures, I hate wasps and hornets the most.

Local time
Reaction score
If I knew there's a snake in my garden, I too wouldn't be able to sleep. Luckily my country only has 2 species of poisonous snakes, and they only live high in the mountains, and are rare on top of that. Other than them, there aren't any other poisonous animals around.

But there are hornets, and that's the one creature I fear the most. Out of all living creatures, I hate wasps and hornets the most.
We have the introduced European wasp, like a yellow jacket from what I can tell,nasty little buggers. I like the mud dauber wasp that build a mud nest and collects spider and entombs them in a state of suspended animation for the lava wasp to feed on.One nest I had to remove had 30 spiders in it. Our paper wasps are the biggest problem as they swarm when angry and sting repeatedly,I found a can of fly spray and a cigarette lighter works great :)

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
We have the introduced European wasp, like a yellow jacket from what I can tell,nasty little buggers. I like the mud dauber wasp that build a mud nest and collects spider and entombs them in a state of suspended animation for the lava wasp to feed on.One nest I had to remove had 30 spiders in it. Our paper wasps are the biggest problem as they swarm when angry and sting repeatedly,I found a can of fly spray and a cigarette lighter works great :)
1708480384680.png

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Dumb ass yellow jacket once hid in my shirt and stayed in my wardrobe literally for months without making a sound, and one day I put on this shirt and the bugger stung me. Scared the crap out of me :mad: One stung me when I was 3 years old, and from then I hate them with passion.

But thinking of Australia and Southeast Asia, I've really had it easy when it comes to incidents with wildlife. I haven't swam in the sea in a long time though ever since I saw the coast filled with jellyfish, was a scene from a horror movie. The water was clear but dark and you could see as deep as 20-30 meters, and it was cramped with jellyfish.

Local time
Reaction score
Dumb ass yellow jacket once hid in my shirt and stayed in my wardrobe literally for months without making a sound, and one day I put on this shirt and the bugger stung me. Scared the crap out of me :mad: One stung me when I was 3 years old, and from then I hate them with passion.

But thinking of Australia and Southeast Asia, I've really had it easy when it comes to incidents with wildlife. I haven't swam in the sea in a long time though ever since I saw the coast filled with jellyfish, was a scene from a horror movie. The water was clear but dark and you could see as deep as 20-30 meters, and it was cramped with jellyfish.
OK I have to do this after, all your corrections on my spelling 95% due to typos.... All in jest quacka :) Did you mean one STING and not 'one stung'?? CRAMMED with jelly fish,not 'cramped with jelly fish' unless the poor jelly fish got a cramp from swimming too soon after eating. BAZINGA :)

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
@Blueheeler Why does your Huntsman spider look friendlier than ours? Please tell me you named that one fluffy? 🤣

We have a plastic runner in our passage, if one of these walk fast enough, you can hear the pitter patter of their feet. Ours likes to hang above door frames, behind curtains and are either gentle or aggressive enough to run after you.

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
OK I have to do this after, all your corrections on my spelling 95% due to typos.... All in jest quacka :) Did you mean one STING and not 'one stung'?? CRAMMED with jelly fish,not 'cramped with jelly fish' unless the poor jelly fish got a cramp from swimming too soon after eating. BAZINGA :)
🤣🤣🤣 Okay I have to admit, the "cramped" part had me laugh my ass off, lately my brain's "autocorrect" has started malfunctioning, but it turned out as a good joke in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if the jellyfish got cramps too, there were so many of them 😂

As for the "sting" part, here:

image_2024-02-22_16-39-58.png

English might not be my first language, but I do have some confidence in my ability 😄

Hope you sleep well after this Para :) one of our friendly huntsman spiders
View attachment 3351
Oh god, that's terrifying, thank goodness there aren't any monsters like that around here 😬 Biggest spider I've seen was around 5cm.

Local time
Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣 Okay I have to admit, the "cramped" part had me laugh my ass off, lately my brain's "autocorrect" has started malfunctioning, but it turned out as a good joke in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if the jellyfish got cramps too, there were so many of them 😂

As for the "sting" part, here:

View attachment 3354
English might not be my first language, but I do have some confidence in my ability 😄

Oh god, that's terrifying, thank goodness there aren't any monsters like that around here 😬 Biggest spider I've seen was around 5cm.
i like that you edited your mistake :) where are you from Quacka?

Back